Join us on our mission to make a better world of work.
Culture Amp revolutionises how over 25 million employees across 4,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, Culture Amp empowers companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, Unilever, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp everyday.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the U.S, U.K, and Australia. Culture Amp is recognised as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work at cultureamp.com.
How you can help make a better world of work
Culture Amp’s Product Group is structured into camps of roughly 30 to 60 Campers. We typically align our camps with customer products within our employee experience platform. Each camp in turn comprises several cross-functional mission based teams. For example, our current camps are Engagement, Perform and Platform which map to our current customer offerings. With ambitious plans for expanding our platform’s capabilities, as well as some leadership openings in existing camps, we have several exciting opportunities for the right engineering leaders to help us shape our future.
As the Engineering Lead within a camp leadership team you will be accountable for all aspects of the engagement and growth of our talented engineers, delivery of the engineering roadmap, and the stability and quality of that camp’s production assets. Each product will have its own unique specialisations, but also needs to function seamlessly within our unified platform, and to connect-the-dots with our other products. You will be an important conduit for ensuring your camp’s engineering is done in collaboration with the wider engineering organisation.
- Collaborate with the rest of your camp leadership team to ensure we have a structure that supports effective and efficient execution.
- Work closely with the product management and design functions within your camp to ensure that your teams all have roadmaps that are appropriately estimated, viable and coherent.
- Be accountable for all technical decisions made within your camp, and how they align to and support our overall tech vision
- Present clear and compelling plans that the Executive and Product Group leadership are excited about.
- Share, collaborate and align camp-level technical road-maps and strategies with senior engineering leads and practice leads beyond your camp. Promote the sharing of technical decisions and knowledge.
- In collaboration with our Talent Acquisition team, identify and hire to address the technical gaps within your camp and ensure that we are building diverse teams.
- Directly mentor the most senior engineers within your camp, and ensure that all engineers have appropriate mentorship. Find opportunities for Campers to grow and expand their skills - both within and beyond your camp - as appropriate.
- Take accountability for technology hosting budget for all technical assets owned by the camp, ensuring appropriate tradeoffs are being made.
- Take accountability for meeting all security best-practices, government regulatory requirements and ISO/SOC2 compliance for all the assets owned by the camp.
- Experience with fast growth tech companies and growing engineering teams during the “scale up” phase, leading engineer teams of more than 20 engineers, ideally (but not necessarily) in the SaaS space.
- Technical experience at all levels of the stack, from the low level all the way up to complete distributed architecture experience.
- Exceptional people skills and experience leading multiple teams, as well as managing tech leads.
- Strong communication skills, both in one-to-one situations as well as one-to-many in a variety of mediums.
- Been around engineering teams for long enough to know which questions to ask, and to recognise when something is amiss.
- A remarkable eye for talent, and solid track record of developing great leaders.
- A strategic thinker. You are someone who understands that we play the long game, and that meaningful progress takes time to achieve.
- A brilliant coach. You recognise that the key to success is to work through others, supporting and enabling leaders.
- Accountable. You set clear goals and expectations for yourself and others, and collaborate with a team to ensure we are best positioned to achieve them.
- An inspirational leader. You are someone who is capable and driven by creating an environment where your team is able to realise meaningful business impact, and rewarding and successful careers.
Please keep reading...
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Non average workplaces attract above average people.
We consider ourselves anything but average and strive to make a home for different types of people from around the world to do their best work and have fun doing it. So we have created 4 “not your average” values that we live by, take a read, and if this sounds like the environment for you, please apply!
We are extremely proud of the Culture we have built, but don't just take our word for it, our Glassdoor reviews speak for themselves!
We are committed to not only making a better world of work, but also a better world. So we are proud to be recognised as a certified B-Corp.
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not just for “company results”, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and endeavour to lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can support our customers in making a better world (of work). You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism here.
We ensure you have the tools you need to thrive both in and out of work.
- MacBooks for you to do your best work
- Share Options - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
- Excellent parental leave and in work support programme, - for those families to be
- Flexible working schedule - where we can, let’s make work, work for you
- Fun and inclusive digital, and (in the future) in-person events
Most importantly. An opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives.
Here are a few highlights from Culture Amp
- What is a People Geek?
- Learn how Culture Amp has impacted businesses around the world
- What does Culture First mean?