Who We Are
What do Airbnb, Slack and Salesforce have in common? They use Culture Amp every day to make their workplaces better, along with over 3,500 other companies from around the globe, making up a community who stand together to improve the world of work.
With offices in Melbourne, San Francisco, New York, and London, Culture Amp isn’t just for fast-growing startups - we’re for every organization that wants to put culture first. By making it easy to collect, understand, and act on employee feedback, we enable People teams to make better decisions, demonstrate impact, and turn company culture into a competitive edge.
It’s what makes us the world’s leading people & culture platform.
The Opportunity at Culture Amp
You're deeply curious and passionate about people and culture. As our Legal Counsel, you will primarily be responsible for all legal-related matters involving new sales and customer renewals in Europe. This is an excellent opportunity to join the legal team at a high growth technology company and learn about global commercial contracts, the SaaS sales process, data privacy, data security and what it takes to build a successful global business focused on people and culture. From assisting various global sales and operations teams, to coordinating cross-functional projects, your involvement in all aspects of the business is not just encouraged – it’s essential. As a result, you’ll need to be comfortable working through complex problems to identify the key issues and use your legal expertise to find the best commercial outcome.
As a key member of the Legal Team, you will work closely with our London, New York, San Francisco, and Australian teams to find legal solutions to real world business problems. Any experience you have working with SaaS customers, especially in the HR space, will come in handy. London based applicants are preferred.
What You Bring to Our Camp
- Qualified to practice law in the United Kingdom
- 4 - 7 years post qualification experience
- Experience working in-house in the SaaS or technology industry (ideally startups).
- Experience with B2B, enterprise and technology contracts, data privacy, data security and compliance.
- Strong planning and organization skills, as well as the ability to multitask and handle a large volume of work.
- The attention to detail you'd expect from a lawyer.
- A confident, effective and positive advisor who can help our sales teams through difficult customer sales.
- A practitioner with a high level of integrity and judgment that is supported by great communication skills.
- Of a mindset that enables you to work independently, but also to use good judgment and escalate issues when needed.
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of commercial, data privacy, and information security agreements to support (i) customer sales and renewals and (ii) our purchase of services from SAAS providers and other vendors.
- Develop, maintain and deliver training programs for sales and other business teams.
- Collaborate with legal, privacy, security and other business teams on cross-functional projects.
What we offer
Culture Amp really practices what we preach. We are extremely proud of the Culture we have built, but don't just take our word for it, our Glassdoor reviews speak for themselves!
We want every Camper to feel at home and do their best work at Culture Amp, so we have 4 values that we live by, take a read, and if this sounds like the environment for you, please apply!
We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and we believe in leading through example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can support our customers in making a better world of work. You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism here.
But that’s not all!
- Flexible working hours - in this dynamic time, make your work schedule work for you
- MacBooks for all!
- Shares - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success.
- Medical insurance
- Fun and inclusive digital, and (in the future) in-person events
Most importantly. An opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives.
Here are a few highlights from Culture Amp
Please keep reading...
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.