Senior Programmer Analyst
CJA's work seeks to reduce jail overcrowding and unnecessary detention in New York City.
Are you a self-starter who is interested in project ownership and implementation?
Do you have exceptional analytical skills and experience in data collection, modeling and validation?
Join our team of multi-disciplined professionals!
The NYC Criminal Justice Agency (CJA) is creating a team of IT professionals with curiosity to learn, strong focus on customer needs, and an ability to address current business requirements with an eye toward future possibilities. The Senior Programmer Analyst is responsible for development, implementation, maintenance and support of new and existing software solutions. Candidates must be experienced in user interface development and at translating designs into polished, production-ready applications. This position will be based in our main office in Manhattan, NYC.
CJA is NYC’s original pretrial service agency, providing services and solutions to reduce jail overcrowding and unnecessary detention in New York City. A non-profit agency funded through the Mayor’s Office of Criminal Justice, CJA is uniquely positioned to provide the City’s Criminal Justice leaders, policy-makers and stakeholders with information, technical expertise and research about people arrested within the 5 boroughs of NYC.
We are committed to being active partners in criminal justice reform through initiatives and creative problem-solving that evaluates different methods and strategies for alternatives to detention.
We are guided by fairness and the presumption of innocence for those who are detained and work with integrity and without bias to protect the privacy and interest of court-involved people and their families.
We value curiosity as a driving force to lead the way in pretrial services. We use innovative techniques in research, pilot programs, and engaging justice-involved communities to execute our mission of reducing unnecessary pretrial detention.
- Lead technical implementation efforts throughout the software development life cycle
- Actively provide feedback and formal code review for other developers
- Review business requirements and propose technology solutions in a highly collaborative development environment
- Create and deploy clean, scalable and maintainable code
- Effectively analyze source code to validate business and technical requirements and support application improvements
- Support production applications through proactive troubleshooting and timely resolution of issues
- Effectively communicate and partner with business owners to develop specifications
- Self-starter with the ability to think strategically, develop new code and resolve issues anywhere in the stack
- Understand agile software development and identify ways to improve our design and development processes
- Appropriately prioritize work and provide status updates to ensure that work completes according to schedule and meets customer expectations
- Adhere to best practices & standards, as well as security and data protection measures
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology related discipline or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of application development experience, agile experience preferred
- Development lead for MSD 365 (cloud) solutions which interacts with 3rd party systems using SSIS, Logic Apps, MS Flow
- Proficient in C#, EF Core, .NET Core, Azure DevOps, XML standards and related technology
- Experienced in Microsoft Dynamics CRM, PowerApps, MS Flow and Power BI
- Working knowledge of SQL query programming, stored procedures and SSIS required
- Comfortable using code versioning tools such as Git and GitHub
- Understanding of Web API services (JSON, REST)
- A team player, able to provide guidance and support to team members in order to achieve objectives
- Strong problem solving, design, programming and testing skills as well as a desire to learn new languages and technology
- Exceptional analytical skills and experience in data collection, modeling and validation
- Able to participate in an on-call rotation
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to translate business requirements into clear technical specifications
SALARY: Commensurate with experience (Please note your salary requirements in the application)
CJA offers a very generous benefit plan including health, dental and vision insurance, a comprehensive mental health and wellness (EAP) plan, four weeks’ vacation, paid holidays and a retirement plan with employer matching contributions. CJA is also strongly committed to professional learning and development for its staff members and offers staff varied opportunities for learning and development through partnerships and vendor services for web based, in-person professional development training, as well as in-house job training and development.