Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Quality Assurance (QA) Technician to join our Continuum Distribution facility in West Sacramento, CA. As a QA Technician, you will be responsible for reviewing product packaging and ensuring regulatory conformance associated with the inspection of incoming goods. This position will be responsible for ensuring products are entered into our data inventory system to ensure document storage and traceability. The ideal candidate must possess a strong attention to detail and experience working within a highly regulated industry.
CORE JOB DUTIES.
- Documents and tracks all inbound and available to sell inventory at batch level.
- Conducts a Quality Assurance review on all incoming product to ensure COA consistency and regulatory conformance.
- Maintain a COA database.
- Work alongside warehouse staff during the receiving process.
- Uphold quality, compliance, and regulatory requirements at all times; maintain the reputation of the company.
- Communicate any quality control issues immediately and escalate to the proper departments when necessary.
- Identify and document any problems related to the product, process, or the quality assurance system.
- Recommend or initiate solutions by actively providing suggestions for improvement.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Associates degree Preferred
- 1+ years of compliance and/or quality assurance experience in any of the following industries: cannabis, pharmaceutical, agriculture, laboratory, alcohol & tobacco, and distribution
- Strong organizational skills; Ability to multitask at a high level of performance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented and results driven
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word), Smartsheet, Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with new processes implementation, including on-going support
- Strong sense of urgency and prioritization skills
- Cannabis regulation and/or product knowledge is a plus
- Prior experience working with cannabis labs, cultivation, or manufacturing is a plus
- Has ability to manage several priorities and meet deadlines
- Must be flexible with daily schedule to meet the demands of the business
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.