Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs Corporate is seeking a Senior Data Analyst to support our growing Retail Merchandising team. Within this role, you will be responsible for analyzing data in support of Sunnyside’s retail initiatives, including analysis of buyer behavior, inventory management, category growth, and competitive analysis. The role also requires the development of intuitive business intelligence tools to support an objective view of our retail performance and competitive position. A successful applicant must possess high attention to detail, strong analytical skills, and a desire to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. This role reports into the Vice President, Head of Retail Merchandising, and interfaces with the company’s senior retail leaders.
- Efficiently summarize retail sales data and clearly communicate essential findings to senior leadership
- Develop and lead execution on consumer insights KPIs (e.g., brand and category loyalty, market fragmentation, promotional tracking, and shopper behavior)
- Ability to analyze, aggregate, and mine data, and develop actionable insights that go beyond standard business reporting
- Use creative problem-solving skills to support ambiguous business problems, and develop models in which data is either incomplete or evolving
- Establish causal relationships between consumer data points and retail sales performance
- Create dollar & unit forecasts for retail price promotions, then evaluate return on investment (ROI) and make recommendations for future events
- 3+ years of experience in consulting, data science, quantitative marketing, finance, or a related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Operations (or similar)
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, advanced Excel knowledge.
- Proficiency with relational databases (SQL) and business intelligence tools (i.e., Tableau, Power BI)
- Ability to understand business operations, processes, and translate data into business insights that “tell a story” or aid decision-making
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and communicate data and information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with sales data analytics strongly preferred
- Effective time management and prioritization skills. Strong interpersonal & collaboration skills.
- Additional Requirements:
- No criminal history
- Must pass all required background checks
- Must remain compliant with all legal and company regulations for the industry
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.