Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is looking for a Learning & Development Generalist / Instructional Designer to join our high growth team during a period of unprecedented innovation and growth. You will support the VP, Learning & Development, in building and scaling robust learning solutions. This work is aimed at providing employees and leaders opportunities where learning will result in capability-building to support our high-velocity growth plan.
We are looking for someone with broad learning and development design and coordination skills who loves creating learning solutions quickly to impact organization growth and success. The ideal candidate will have strong instructional design skills and a willingness to pitch-in in a variety of learning, talent management and HR initiatives to drive employee development.
- Support VP, L&D with overall design, development and coordination of training and employee development initiatives, including manager training, performance management, onboarding, employee engagement and HR Compliance training.
- Assist with new performance management approach, systems and tools with training and program management designed to enable managers and employees to have meaningful ongoing conversations about performance and development.
- Provide design, launch and program management support of an engaging onboarding program that creates a “wow” experience in new hires’ first 90 days.
- Support employee engagement initiatives, including training for managers on how to action employee engagement survey results, to create a workplace that attracts, retains and develops talent.
- Coordinate execution of learning initiatives with learning administration, including: LMS-coordination, scheduling, registrations, attendance, program evaluations, tracking learning metrics, etc.
- Design training PowerPoints for in-person or webinar programs; create e-learnings to support key learning initiatives.
- Maintain HR compliance training programs such as anti-harassment training and diversity/equity/inclusion programming.
- Research and partner with external learning vendors to bring off-the-shelf content in-house in culturally-aligned ways.
- Support execution of learning initiatives with learning administration, including: LMS-coordination, scheduling, registrations, attendance, program evaluations, tracking learning metrics, etc.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- 5+ years in progressive Learning & Development focused roles, preferably in a dynamic, high-demand, multi-site work environment.
- Demonstrated record of designing and supporting the launch and management of leadership, soft skills, Diversity/Equity/Inclusion and/or HR-oriented training.
- Experience designing highly-engaging training for a variety of delivery modes, including in-person, virtual and e-learning.
- Experience supporting the launch of learning programs with scheduling, LMS-coordination, attendance tracking, program evaluations, etc.
- Experience supporting HR initiatives, such as onboarding, performance management, employee engagement surveys, HR compliance and diversity/equity/inclusion.
- Ability to manage learning projects from ideation to implementation with speed and self-driven initiative.
- Adaptable to work with shifting priorities with ability to work under tight deadlines and plan, organize and carry out multiple, detailed tasks.
- Strong, thoughtful, agile problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High-proficiency in PowerPoint and e-Learning authoring software (i.e., Articulate, Rise, Captivate or similar).
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.