Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Regional Director of Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED). The Director will spearhead initiatives within the Central Region to ensure that all interested members of our society have the skills, knowledge, and opportunity to work in and own businesses within the Cannabis industry. The Director will champion Cresco Labs internal and external restorative justice initiatives, develop and implement Cresco Labs social equity business incubator strategy, ensure regional direct and ancillary business opportunities within the cannabis industry, build and maintain strategic coalitions with local community organizations and stakeholders, and drive collaboration with educational institutions to develop a standardized inclusive cannabis-industry focused curriculum.
The Director will coordinate with the Eastern and Western Regional Directors of SEED to provide Cresco Labs HQ with strategic recommendations and key insights to execute powerful work. The Director will partner cross functionally with other Cresco Labs regional leaders to promote seamless coordination, standardize processes when applicable, and ensure goals are established and performance measurement is conducted in a consistent manner.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Management and implementation of regional restorative justice initiatives for the assigned region to focus on the key pillars of Cresco Labs through the SEED program
- Management of regional business incubator relationships and programs, ensuring alignment with internal Cresco Labs programing as necessary
- Develop and execute regional workforce development initiatives on behalf of Cresco Labs
- Management of curriculum coordination and development at the regional local level with a focus on colleges and universities
- Strategic community partnership and network development
- Manage reporting metrics and budgets or regional SEED activities
- Coach and mentor regional SEED staff ensuring peak performance and continuous improvement
- Will frequently cross functionally partner with internal departments including, public affairs, operations, commercial, communications, compliance, human resources, legal
- Maintain flexibility to travel to HQ and locations throughout the region as necessary
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-8 years of related work experience which may include business management, criminal and/or social justice, government, and non-profit
- 3+ years of preferred or comparable work experience in a role managing non-profit program evaluation, recommending changes or improvements
- Experience leading a team and facilitating cross functional collaboration
- Comfortable in an entrepreneurial role, but understanding industry and business implications
- Ability to build strategic partnerships both externally and internally
- Previous experience with a focus on Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and being able to understand the framework and champion DEI externally and internally at all levels
- Cultural competency that encompasses multicultural awareness, knowledge, and skills
- Comfortable learning and communicating legislative and regulatory analysis and the implications to the industry and/or business
- Strong presentation skills with keen ability to articulate smart and sometimes complex solutions in a straightforward and lucid manner to a variety of internal and external audiences.
- Must be able to be a self-starter and comfortable working remotely and autonomously
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.