Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Regional Director of Community Integration, East Coast. Cresco’s Community Integration team serves as the corporate arm of the company’s civic engagement, and is responsible for ensuring the company upholds the community-related promises it makes in state license applications. Reporting to the Vice President of Community Integration, this person will be responsible for overseeing community initiatives in our East Coast markets. The ideal candidate must demonstrate organization and attention to detail, and think strategically about the impact of community integration both at the corporate and community levels.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Cultivate partnerships and relationships with community-based organizations, groups, and stakeholders to expand Cresco’s impact across network communities
- Manage and participate in volunteer events, civic engagement, and community-building programs
- Work effectively with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders to advance departmental and companywide initiatives
- Collaborate with local staff to plan and execute community activations
- Manage calendars, reports and metrics for regional Community Integration activities
- Create and manage quarterly and annual engagement plans for the region, establishing benchmarks for program development and evaluation
- Be responsive to the Public Affairs and larger Cresco teams by providing timely and thorough region-specific information upon request
- Compile, validate, and synthesize market data from multiple sources, including meeting notes, spreadsheets, and staff reports
- Regularly communicate with local staff regarding volunteer efforts and requests for support
- Assist with researching, drafting, and implementing community benefit and positive impact plans for license renewal and/or expansion in Eastern Region
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree or a combination of work experience and education
- Minimum of 5-8 years of related work experience across corporate social responsibility, event planning, community relations, corporate affairs, local/state/federal government, and/or nonprofit sectors
- Desire and ability to build and maintain relationships with people from diverse backgrounds and communities
- Limited travel within the region and to other company locations as necessary
- Self-starter who can both work independently and collaborate as part of a larger team
- Comfort with ambiguity and an ability to pivot as circumstances evolve
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite (including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong attention to detail with a team-player mentality
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative, and resourceful
- Possess a high level of analytical, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skills
- Operates with the utmost professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Thrives in fast-paced dynamic environment; can handle multiple high priority projects simultaneously
- Ability to design and implement new guidelines, systems, processes and programs
- Excellent interpersonal skills; knows how to work well with diverse and dynamic teams across multiple functions, e.g. operations, sales, legal, marketing, technology
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.