Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
The Facility Director is responsible for all operational activities within the facility. More specifically, this position is directly responsible for all Cultivation, Processing, Laboratory, Extraction, Food and Beverage Production, Packaging, Order Fulfillment, Engineering, Maintenance, Materials Management, and Logistics at the site.
The Facility Director ensures standardization of all departments to the corporate center of excellence (COE) initiatives, drives consistent delivery of finished products for our customers through key metrics such as schedule adherence and cycle time, and promotes a culture of continuous improvement where employees and staff are empowered to elicit changes improving the company’s bottom line.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Accountable for P&L performance for the facility.
- Improves efficiency of operations by driving key KPIs cross-functionally such as:
- Schedule Adherence
- Cycle Time
- % Yield across the different departments
- Dispensary Acceptance Rate
- Inventory Days on Hand (DOH)
- Lead operational management teams by making data driven decisions that maximize Cresco’s shareholder value through support of financial latest estimates (LE), ensuring compliance to the corporate COE initiatives, and driving cross-departmental efficiencies
- Partners with corporate counterparts in Quality, Security, Safety, HR, and Compliance to ensure facilities are maintained to state regulatory, OSHA, and Cresco quality and HR standards
- Evaluates and implements new strategies to improve the efficiencies between Operations/Supply Chain, Sales, IT, Accounting and HR
- Manages the overall welfare of the team through training, coaching, and leading by example
- Address company policy violations and work in conjunction with HR and direct managers to administer disciplinary action
- Approve/deny internal costs and reimbursements; i.e. employee engagement and development, lunches, etc.
- Actively seeks out opportunities to train employees on new technology/industry trends
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in Operations, Supply Chain, Business Management, or related field; Master's degree, a plus
- Minimum of 5-7 years in Senior Operations Management with experience running large cross-functional organizations with production totaling over $100MM annually
- Project management experience required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage cross-functional stakeholders and
- Experience managing unionized facilities, a plus
- Demonstrated experience in a warehouse setting, production line environment, GMP/SQF/OSHA/ISO preferred; cannabis industry experience a plus
- Experience leading an organization in a highly regulated environment
- Effective solutions-based attitude and team-focused management style
- Strong ability to multitask and work through constant interruption in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in all Office Suites (Google, Microsoft Office) and ability to learn seed-to-sale tracking system
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.