Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking an HR Business Partner to join our Corporate HR team and support Operations and Retail locations throughout Massachusetts and New York. The HR Business Partner will work closely with managers and employees on performance management, compensation, training, employee engagement and other matters as assigned. They will operate independently to support the needs of leaders and employees and will serve as the primary HR point of contact for their assigned locations.
Cresco Labs is seeking an HR Business Partner to support our Retail locations throughout Massachusetts. The HR Business Partner will work closely with managers and employees on performance management, compensation, training, employee engagement and other matters as assigned. They will operate independently to support the needs of leaders and employees and will serve as the primary HR point of contact for their assigned locations.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Collaborate with and coach assigned General Manager, Director(s) and Dispensary Managers regarding matters of employee engagement to include day to day operations, communications, performance management, employee morale and areas of opportunity at the store level
- Provide leadership and counsel to assigned leaders when delivering HR solutions which enable a high-performance culture
- Identify trends, analyze data and propose actions to address any gaps or issues leading to an enhanced employee experience and/or improved processes
- Assist in implementation of a staffing strategy with Talent Acquisition, key HR partners and other appropriate leaders
- Partner with National Retail Trainer, Facility Coordinator and HR Coordinators to facilitate new hire onboarding inclusive of new hire paperwork, badging and trainings
- Coach managers on performance management and employee conversations
- Resolve employee relations issues, by investigating complaints or concerns, recommending solutions and escalating to HR leadership as necessary
- Partner with operations, retail and HR leaders to conduct the annual performance review and goal setting cycles
- Monitor and ensure understanding and compliance with federal, state and local employment laws as well as company policies and procedures
- Partner with operations and retail leaders and HR partners to determine necessary training and development opportunities for employees
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources
- 5+ years’ experience in Human Resources, preferably in a manufacturing/warehousing or retail-based role
- Familiarity with a large non-exempt population preferred
- Prior experience supporting a unionized environment preferred
- Knowledge of labor and employment laws
- Complete understanding of HR policies and procedures
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office suite; experience with HRIS systems required
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to establish priorities and work independently
- Enjoys working in a start-up, fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel throughout the region 25-30% of the time
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.