Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking an SEO Analyst to increase our organic search rankings and lift our overall web presence. This individual will be responsible for content creation with a primary focus of increasing traffic to the website. They will manage keyword research and the SEO strategy along with design and advertising techniques across paid and organic search. The ideal candidate will be able to keep pace with the constantly evolving SEO landscape.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Compile and present SEO guidelines that focus on long-term strategy and success
- Research and analyze keywords/keyphrases and SEO techniques used by competitors to implement into our strategy as fit
- Identify high-impact keywords and generate content architecture to use throughout the Sunnyside.shop website and our third-party listings to drive high-value traffic
- Develop optimization strategies (e.g., pillar page model) that increase Sunnyside’s search engine results rankings on cannabis-specific third-party websites and traditional search engines (Google, Bing, etc.)
- Crafting high-quality SEO metadata that is digestible and in line with the Sunnyside brand
- Update content regularly on the website, third-party listings, and other web-based platforms for maximum optimization within search engine rankings
- Perform technical updates to Sunnyside.shop website content for html tags, meta data, page titles, description tags, sitemap indexability, image alt tags, and hyperlink structure
- Monitor daily performance metrics and search engine updates to understand SEO ranking trends and adjust strategies accordingly
- Collaborate with Marketing team members to manage the SEO strategy across paid and organic search
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business-related field
- Two to three years of experience in successfully developing and executing SEO campaigns
- Understanding of search engine algorithms and ranking methods
- Experience with SEO industry programs, such as SEMrush, Moz, Conductor, etc.
- Knowledge of keyword research and data mining tools
- Ability to complete competitive analysis of other companies within the industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (email, phone, etc.)
- Comfortable analyzing high volumes of data daily
- Familiarity with WordPress or other content management systems
- Experience with other aspects of marketing, such as customer growth and promotion, is a plus
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.