Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
The Sr. Director of Processing Operations will be responsible for implementing Processing standards across the Cresco network and working with teams to ensure they meet those standards by visiting sites, holding regular meetings and reviewing KPIs. The Sr. Director of Processing Operations will collaborate with various stakeholders to ensure scheduling, planning as well the efficient and expedient transfer of product – ensuring high attention to quality throughout all steps and processes. The ideal candidate will have experience in leadership, quality and data analysis.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Report to VP of Cultivation Operations
- Onsite training of Processing Staff to meet company standards for procedures, efficiency and quality
- Hold weekly meetings with key Processing employees at sites to review KPIs and production goals as well as ensure adherence to processing schedule and product transfers
- Assist with development and updates of Processing SOPs and Work Instructions
- Partner with Cultivation, Packaging and Extraction to align process hand-offs and ensure efficient systems for getting product from harvest to shelf as fast as possible while maintaining quality
- Collaborate with S&OP to formulate supply plans, budget vs actuals, and revenue estimates
- Work cross-functionally across Cresco’s Center of Excellence (“COE”) with various stakeholders such as Quality, Compliance, Engineering, Construction, etc.
- Research new and emerging Processing technologies
- Work with Product Development to test innovative Processing Technologies
- Continuous Improvements in Processing with goals of decreasing time, increasing the percent of Premium Flower and reducing labor
- Partner with QA COE and onsite QA to align processing operations to new and existing product Specifications
- Partner with Product Development for flower launches, costing, and a timelines to market
- Assist with new market integration
- Assist Department with Costing and Budgets related to Processing
- Extensive travel to all Cresco sites in order to conduct hands-on training sessions for site leaders and processing staff
- Maintain accurate records other assigned data requirements
- Ensure that all functions are performed to the highest standard of quality and compliance
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- +2 years of experience leading a large commercial cannabis operation
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business Administration, Data Sciences, Chemistry or Biology
- Advanced understanding of Drying, Curing, Bucking, Trimming, Machine-Trimming, etc.
- Fundamental understanding of cannabis quality
- Ability to creatively solve complex questions with data in programs such as Excel
- Experience with planning, scheduling and budgeting
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Enjoy coaching and mentoring others’
- Ability to develop and implement Standard Operating Procedures
- Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Thorough understanding of state and local medical cannabis laws and how they apply to the operations of Cresco Labs
- Experience creating PowerPoint presentations
- Proficiency in Windows-based software as well as Track & Trace systems
- Willingness to travel extensively throughout the Cresco network
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.