Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
The shopper services team is seeking an experienced Vice President of Customer Service to lead and transform our customer support program as Cresco Labs and Sunnyside* continue to scale nationwide. This individual will focus on team development, creating and implementing SOP’s, tracking KPI’s to identify areas of improvement and coming up with solutions to increase overall customer engagement. In addition, this leader will be responsible for working cross functionally to understand consumer needs and establish valued communication throughout the growth and development of the cannabis industry.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Identify and execute process improvements to our customer experience team for all inbound inquiries including, verifying and assigning issues, analyzing and recommending resolutions, documenting and reviewing
- Map the key points of team workflow and customer journey to identify gaps and areas of opportunity
- Research best practices in related industries and companies to determine best practices, focusing on quality support and a positive customer experience
- Develop and implement SOPs, for the customer success team focused on standardization of communication
- Define and manage effective corrective actions to be taken in response to customer issues or complaints relating to quality, experience and timeliness; working alongside Sales, Logistics, R&D, etc to assist in the root cause analysis process
- Analyze and deliver regular reporting to leadership on Key Performance Indicators and objectives and key results
- Manage the overall budget and forecasting hiring needs of the team
- Develop onboarding, coaching and training programs for the Customer Engagement Team
- Act as the key point of contact to third party vendors to ensure our technology is up to date and effective
- Work alongside cross functional teams to establish a company-wide culture of Customer Success
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelors degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- 7 + years of experience in a customer support leadership position
- 3 + years of leadership experience with a proven track record of developing direct reports
- Heavy knowledge and handling of customer service management methodology and techniques
- Proven record of delivering continuous improvement to achieve company goals and high standards of quality
- The ability to find innovative ways to respond to customer needs and resolve problems
- Experience with CRM systems and workflows (Zendesk, Segment, & Teams preferred)
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Excellent cross-functional partnership skills and ability to work positively with business partners
- Excellent resource (people, time, tasks) management skills
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.