Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs Corporate is seeking a Senior Associate to support our growing Corporate Development team in our Chicago headquarters. Within this role, you will be responsible for analyzing acquisition targets and partners in support of Cresco’s inorganic growth initiatives across our national footprint. This work includes developing in-depth analyses of target's financial statements, analyzing and conducting due diligence on potential targets and preparing detailed valuation models and recommendations for senior leadership. A successful applicant must possess high attention to detail, exceptional valuation modeling proficiency, effective verbal and written communications, and a desire to work in a fast pace environment. The position reports directly to our Sr. Director of M&A and Integration and works closely with both corporate and regional teams.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Support all activities from deal sourcing to closing including identification, opportunity evaluation, financial analysis and valuation, investment case proposals and communications, legal contracting and agreements, due diligence, and negotiations
- Support the cross-functional collaboration and project management for the diligence, evaluation, and integration planning for acquisition opportunities
- Develops business cases for acquisitions and partnerships through qualitative and quantitative analyses
- Develops valuation models for prospective acquisitions and partnerships through the use of Excel. Uses various modeling techniques: multiples, discounted cash flow, strategic value, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining flexible, scenario-based financial models for both acquisitions and investment opportunities, including pro-forma synergy assessments
- Lead the development of periodic M&A updates to company executives; maintain internal M&A database; and create presentations on acquisition opportunities, strategic initiatives and potential new partner relationships
- Monitor the US cannabis industry mergers, acquisitions and partnership trends for insights and comparative analysis
- Conduct ad-hoc qualitative and quantitative analyses for strategic planning, investing and integration efforts
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- 4-year degree in a relevant field
- 3+ years of applicable work experience, including two years of experience in one of the following: transaction advisory, financial due diligence, or transaction experience (investment banking, corporate development, or private equity)
- Completion of at least 3 deals in the last 2 years either as an employee of the acquiror or as an external consultant.
- Experience developing comprehensive valuation models for mergers and acquisitions projects
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, advanced in both Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with market and financial database providers (e.g., Bloomberg, FactSet, ThompsonOne, Capital IQ)
- Willingness to challenge the expected/norms and embrace discomfort in a rapidly changing market
- Experience working across multiple project timelines with extended cross functional teams
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.