Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Development-Construction Project Manager to join our corporate team in Chicago, IL. They will be responsible for all development and construction activities from planning, design, directing, and supervising large construction projects. This includes cultivation, manufacturing, processing, and retail locations. Our ideal candidate must be a self-starter with proven experience in complex buildouts under strict deadlines and leadership skills.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Development of construction plans for cultivation facilities and retail locations
- Conduct financial feasibility studies and comparison studies
- Develop architect and general contractor selection processes and contract execution
- Provide input into the scheduling of projects to meet required deadline and maintain construction resources to acceptable levels
- Oversight of contractors and subcontractors that will support ongoing operations
- Understand cost alternatives
- Management of planning for projects which includes design evaluation of structure, electrical, and mechanical of each project
- Direct management of multiple projects simultaneously
- Ensure equipment and manpower resources are being used efficiently
- Monitor progress to ensure scheduling milestones are understood and are being met
- Act as subject matter expert to ensure legal and security compliance within all areas of operation
- Attend weekly meetings and remain in communication with Development & Construction Director and other key members of the Cresco corporate team
- Conduct site visits to ensure Contractor is adhering to OSHA guidelines to ensure a safe and injury free environment
- Support off-site project leaders through design, development, and coordination stages of project
- Anticipate and resolve problems encountered on site to eliminate rework expenditures
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in engineering or equivalent technical field
- 3 to 4 years’ construction management experience preferred
- Excellent planning, leadership, and communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of cost control, cost reporting and project schedule management
- Experienced in multi-project coordination with projects in varying phases of completion
- Working knowledge of CAD & Bluebeam software experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft program package
- Enjoys working in a start-up, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently in a highly organized manner
- Travel is required
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.