Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Desktop Engineer Lead who can provide maintenance and support services for our corporate customers’ devices along with basic network troubleshooting and team leadership. Previous experience in an IT help desk position desired. The Desktop Engineer supports day-to-day IT business needs such as troubleshooting laptops, desktops, printers, tablets, MS Teams VOIP phones, Microsoft Office 365 or email issues. Weekly, the Desktop Engineer will prioritize, up level and address systemic issues proactively, recording and documenting issues in Service Now. Conduct trainings, write documentation, and send out IT-related communications to the local staff. The Desktop Engineer may be assigned IT project tasks such as installing hardware onsite, working as part of a support team for a product launch, or as a tester for a new IT service. The Technical Support Specialist is expected to meet with IT vendors, escort them through the facility, and assist when needed with onsite projects. Some night and weekend work required.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Provides Level 1-3 support for incidents (problem/issues) or service requests related to hardware, software, mobile devices and network connectivity
- Records and responds to new tickets and status update information in a timely / accurate fashion
- Administrating Office 365 suite (Office Apps, SharePoint/OneDrive, Teams, User Administration)
- Support PC/Mac/iOS devices in a cloud managed environment (Microsoft Endpoint Manager/Jamf)
- Identify and resolve desktop issues across the application domain. Develop and administer desktop specific standards such as operating procedures. Support desktops, user interfaces, printers and AV/VC systems in accordance with industry best practice and long-term strategy.
- Identify and resolve system and OS-level issues within Cresco's compute environment. Develop standard operating procedures and baseline system health / performance metrics. Support OS-level reliability, system resource allocation (Virtualization & Storage) and system provisioning in accordance with industry best practice and Cresco systems reference architecture
- Maintains, monitors, and supports the IT infrastructure environment throughout the company (dispensaries, facilities, distribution centers, HQ and new acquisitions)
- Contributes and be familiar with documentation for assigned technology, including server build docs, configuration standards and infrastructure architecture
- Participate in upgrade and installation activities for new hardware and software components as well as scheduled system maintenance activities, and maintain them in accordance with IT policies and procedures
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- 5+ years of experience
- Must be willing to work in the cannabis industry
- Performs professional-level analysis, evaluation or research applying basic concepts, practices, theories of areas within information systems
- Knows and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of information systems. Frequently uses and applies technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Interact professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all professional contacts with an emphasis on the Company's interests.
- Demonstrate Adaptability and Desire to Learn -- Works productively in the face of ambiguity or uncertainty. Demonstrates flexibility and resilience in response to obstacles, constraints, adversity, and mistakes. Constructively and resourcefully adapts to changing needs, conditions, priorities or opportunities. Seeks out opportunities to learn from new discoveries, innovations, ways of looking at things, knowledge, and ideas. Invites and incorporates feedback, without becoming defensive.
- Perform Professional Analysis -- Integrates information from a variety of sources to arrive at a broader understanding of issues (e.g., company reports plus in-store observations). Defines issues clearly despite incomplete or ambiguous information. Identifies the key issues in moderately complex problems. Approaches problems or issues systematically, looking for connections, trends, and potential causes. Probes and looks past symptoms to determine the underlying causes of problems and issues.
- Plan and Execute -- Executes plans (e.g., action steps, timelines) to accomplish objectives. Prioritizes and balances time, actions, and projects to ensure accomplishment of results. Holds him/herself and team accountable for outcomes (e.g., achieving goals and complying with policies and procedures). Anticipates and addresses obstacles.
- Produce Results -- Initiates decisive, timely action to address important issues. Demonstrates a strong sense of ownership and a commitment to achieving meaningful results. Sets challenging, clear goals/targets and expectations for achieving business results. Drives initiatives/efforts to successful completion and closure. Takes personal responsibility to make decisions and take action.
- Satisfy the Customer -- Identifies and anticipates customer requirements, expectations, and needs. Seeks feedback from customers to identify improvement opportunities. Follows up with customers to ensure problems are solved. Continually searches for ways to improve customer service.
- Use Professional Judgment -- Makes logical, rational, and integrative decisions, and arrives at sound conclusions. Chooses the best alternative(s) based on a review of pros, cons, tradeoffs, timing, and probabilities. Evaluates the consequences and implications of alternatives, actions, or decisions (e.g., impact on sales, returns, customer loyalty). Makes timely decisions, balancing analysis with decisiveness.
- May communicate with outsourced team(s) when working on issues or tasks. Frequent inter-organizational team contacts on routine matters.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.