Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
The Senior Accounts Payable Analyst will support the Accounts Payable Manager and Accounts Payable team through preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, KPIs, internal control documentation and various Shared Services analyses and reporting packages. This individual is key contributor to accounts payable process improvements and documentation, system integrations and execution of Shared Services and Company initiatives. This individual interfaces with internal stakeholders, external suppliers, and third-party service partners.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Prepare reporting package encompassing KPIs, analytics and commentary
- Prepare internal and external audit requests, ad hoc reports and commentary issued to management
- Perform root cause analysis on issues and report findings
- Prepare and/or review journal entries, account reconciliations and analyses
- Support AP team with month-end communications and close tasks
- Coordinate and calculate monthly accruals, including underlying vendor and spend analyses
- Legal entity and financial statement classification (invoice coding) expert providing guidance, training and review support to Shared Services
- Review and post invoices processed by the AP Team
- Prepare and/or assist with the development and maintenance of written standard operating procedures, process flows and KPIs
- Manage cross-functional processes with Treasury and Accounting, including wire payments and prepaids
- Support new vendor setup and maintenance
- Identify process improvement and automation opportunities
- Support ERP and AP automation projects, driving AP requirements, validation, and testing
- Support departmental and company-wide projects and initiatives
- Perform other related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in ERP System (Sage Intacct and SAP preferred) and Microsoft Office Suite
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
- Knowledge of and previous experience with AP activities and processes preferred
- Knowledge and experience with financial statement classification (COGS, SG&A, etc.)
- Previous reporting analytics and team lead experience preferred
- Excellent problem solving, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to be a team player and provide excellent customer service to our stakeholders and suppliers
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.