Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking an Analyst, Cost Accounting to join our Cost Accounting team in Chicago, IL. This individual will report to the Manager, Cost Accounting and Analysis, and be a key contributor to the company's cost accounting and analysis process as we implement a new ERP system. This will be a multi-year process as we design and implement the ERP system across multiple states and facilities, from the Discovery Phase through Go Live. This person will become a Cost Accounting systems and subject matter expert, continually helping to improve and enhance our current processes and assisting in the implementation of any potential future acquisitions. This role will be working with testing and validating large amounts of data and documenting processes and workflows. An understanding of the manufacturing process and ERP capabilities and processes is critical to the role. Our ideal candidate must be a self-starter who is highly organized with great attention to detail and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Assist the Manager of Cost Accounting and Analysis as part of the Cost Accounting team on the ERP Discovery and Implementation project for all the markets as they go live
- Develop and document Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for current processes and for future state for the ERP implementation
- Assist in the ERP Discovery requirements and the Implementation project plan workstream for the Cost Accounting team
- Work cross functionally with all company departments including operations, finance (tax, cost, consolidations, reporting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, FP&A, investor relations), sales, marketing, legal, compliance, and human resources
- Work with the department to ensure we have correct process flow with the ERP and address operational needs during the implementation, interim state for each phase and Go Live/Run Phase
- Identify and resolve data inconsistencies
- Assist with process improvements for accounting, including refinement and automation of close processes and reporting
- Assist the finance and accounting function in the implementation of additional/updated accounting modules and add-on reporting systems
- Assist in coordinating internal and external resources, including cross functionally, in order to execute key financial system projects
- Work with the data analytics team to source, translate, configure, import and reconcile data, for reporting of key financial and non-financial metrics
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or business degree with accounting or accounting information systems concentration OR Bachelor's degree in information technology-related field with accounting/business concentration
- 3+ years accounting experience (Manufacturing Cost Accounting, preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Extensive hands-on experience with financial accounting systems (Intacct helpful) and ERP (SAP S4 Hana preferred) with knowledge of data structure
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and MS Office required, including working with large amounts of data
- Experience at large, publicly traded manufacturing companies preferred
- CPA, preferred
- Tableau experience preferred
- Experience with process improvement and/or design projects, coordinating or collaborating with business analysts and finance/accounting process owners, and coordinating/creating process flow documentation
- Strong oral and written communication skills, networking skills, positive attitude and interpersonal skills
- Commercial awareness and experience working with business partners at varied levels in the organization
- Ability to absorb and summarize complex or diverse information
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.