Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
The Senior Manager, Compensation will serve as the organizational expert for the execution of the compensation strategy. In collaboration with Senior Management, this role will provide strategic oversight and manage all aspects and activities pertaining to the design, development, implementation, and administration of Cresco Lab’s Compensation programs. This is both a strategic and hands-on role for a candidate that is well-versed in regulations and compensation best practices.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Lead management of our various compensation programs including but not limited to (hourly/salary & bonus/commission), RSUs/Stock Options (short and long term), and other incentives with a focus on attracting and retaining talent at a competitive level.
- Lead implementation of compensation technology systems with HRIS, providing guidance to corporate HR team to ensure support of internal business needs, integration with outside vendor links, and accessibility for end-users.
- Participate in compensation surveys, ensuring appropriate jobs are mapped to proper external roles.
- Conduct ad-hoc and comprehensive job studies.
- Manage the equity-based compensation program, administering documentation, amounts and compliance related items.
- Lead training and communication across HR teams and all internal employees to ensure compensation programs are understood and valued company-wide.
- Develop and implement initiatives which support a healthy employee culture.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations at a state and federal level, including record keeping requirements, and stay current with all HR trends, best practices, and updates to inform policy decisions.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, business or related field.
- 6-10 years’ experience in benefits and compensation plans, with demonstrated track record of success in plan design and administration across fast paced, high growth, multi-state organizations.
- Experience in compensation surveys and analysis, including salary, commissions, bonus, RSU and stock options, etc.
- Experience market pricing and job leveling.
- Deep knowledge of federal and state regulations including FLSA.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite and PowerPoint, advanced excel skills.
- Exceptional leadership, relationship and communication skills, with ability to work with local and remote employees.
- Strong data and cost analysis skills.
- Experience with multi-national compensation structure, specifically Canadian knowledge is a plus.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) and/or SPHR is a plus.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.