Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
The Lead Edibles Agent on our 1st shift oversees packaging operations of our edibles production within the facility. This individual will create and maintain a workplace environment that ensures employee safety & performance, product quality, appropriate inventory levels, and upholds GFSI and GMP standards. This role will also focus on thorough adherence of standard operating procedures, work instructions, and manufacturing formulas.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Actively participates in employee on-boarding, performance management, and provides coaching/corrective actions regularly
- Supervises kitchen and packaging agents by providing motivation, training and development
- Enforces strict compliance to standard operating procedures and manufacturing formulas
- Maintains a safe and sanitary work environment at all times
- Ensures quality objectives are met including regular adherence to GMPs, performance of sanitation audits, food safety checks and product quality checks
- Monitors manufacturing and implements corrective action planning when needed to meet company objectives
- Develops production plans to maintain inventory levels as determined by sales and operations demand
- Collaborates with Purchasing/Supply Chain to ensure timely delivery of ingredients and packaging materials
- Ensures proper weekly inventory, logging and storage of all materials and packaging
- Oversees implementation and training for new products, equipment, and personnel
- Recommends and implements efficiency improvements
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- 2 or more years experience in food or confectionary processing / manufacturing
- 1-2 years of management/supervisory experience
- Demonstrates an adequate understanding of production machinery; equipment; processing; blending; extraction; shelf-stable products, quality, and/or other requisite technical knowledge
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of SOPs, GFSI, GMP, and other company policies
- Demonstrates knowledge of production, pack out, and inventory control procedures/concepts
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.