Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is looking for a seasoned leader to create, implement, and deliver on our SEED initiatives. This critical position will report directly to the EVP of Public Affairs and oversee a team of regional directors and individual contributors across multiple markets and communities nationwide.
Our SEED initiative is designed to ensure that all members of diverse communities have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry. From collaborating with universities and developing cannabis-focused curriculum to working with local agencies and community organizations to sponsor expungement events, the SEED initiative consists of impactful programs and actionable solutions-based approaches that we believe will help make the cannabis industry a highly inclusive force for job creation.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Lead strategic development and implementation of resources and programs that help drive economic empowerment in diverse communities.
- Establish and manage organizational goals, define performance metrics, track program performance and efficiency, identify audience, and ensure all services are in compliance with standards and regulations.
- Work with internal and external legal counsel to ensure that agreements, governance practices and policies are detailed, updated and consistently in place.
- Develop and institute a budget, financials and business planning processes, while ensuring integrity of the department’s financial health.
- Collaborate with community organizations and local agencies to facilitate expungement events that assist individuals formerly convicted of expungable offenses in obtaining clearance to work within the cannabis industry.
- Provide practical, real-life experience in all facets of the cannabis business including business formation, regulatory compliance, cultivation, manufacturing and operational support to prospective industry participants.
- Work closely with colleges and universities on curriculum and course work development to educate and prepare students for pursuing a career in the cannabis industry, including those newly eligible for employment through expungement.
- Develop enterprise-wide programs and policies, and cultivating internal and external partnerships, that support the Companies mission.
- Lead corporate partnership development, collaborate externally with partners from organizations, peer companies and social equity applicants.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience, Master’s Degree preferred
- 10+ years’ experience building, implementing, and managing cross functional teams in the delivery of social equity programming, including 3+ years within the private sector
- Government/Public Affairs or Social Justice experience within a highly-regulated industry
- Ability to problem solve, analyze issues and recommend an appropriate course of action.
- The ability to manage multiple projects/programs concurrently and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Extreme comfort with and a desire to present the mission of the organization to large audiences in various forms of public speaking engagements.
- Demonstrable experience launching new programs and initiatives in accordance with the plans mission.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, training and presentation skills and ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.