Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a dynamic Digital & Social Designer to join our growing corporate brand Marketing team in Chicago, IL. In this role, you will create visual assets across a wide variety of digital and social channels, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, the website, blogs, digital and print advertising, and text/email communications. The Digital & Social Designer will be responsible for creating compelling content that is aligned to our established brand guidelines and our overall business goals. In this position, you will work with cross-functional partners across retail, promotions, digital & social, and more to deliver engaging, on-brand content campaigns, helping to build one of the strongest national footprints within the cannabis industry. The Digital & Social designer will report to the Manager of Retail Social & Digital.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Works both independently and collaboratively with the social and marketing team to develop highly creative, strategic, best-in-class designs for social media & digital channels
- Has the ability to transform complex information into concise, approachable, and consumer-friendly content, including content that specifically appeals to targeted segments of consumers
- Synthesizes creative direction/briefs and proposes visual concepts that demonstrate an underlying knowledge of strategic business goals
- Is comfortable multitasking and creating content with quick turnarounds and tight deadlines
- Conceptualizes and develops multiple creative executions per day, including, but not limited to: image-led posts, infographics, motion-graphics, videos, GIFs, emails, Instagram stories, landing pages, and more.
- Consistently ideates and maintains the flow of new visual content into the workstream.
- Stays abreast of and capitalizes on emerging social, digital, and industry trends – with a finger on the cultural pulse of the digital ecosystem.
- Provides creative direction and executes design for branded social assets, from Snapchat and Instagram channel art to swag, experiences, influencer initiatives, and brand campaigns.
- Collaborates with Cresco’s brand team and creative agency teams to bring our brands to life in larger, tentpole campaign moments.
- Is a driving force behind ensuring that Sunnyside’s social and digital channels are compelling, must-visit destinations that showcase original, thumb-stopping content aligned with brand and industry guidelines.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- 3-5 + years of Graphic Design experience, with a demonstrable portfolio of highly engaging, public-facing content
- A diverse portfolio that showcases strong conceptual thinking, beautiful use of typography, and a range of campaign explorations
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite— Photoshop, Lightroom, and Illustrator (Premiere, FCP, & After Effects a plus)
- Deep knowledge and experience of all things digital (Web, digital, social, email, display)
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to explain rationale behind design decisions to key stakeholders
- Deep knowledge of social and digital formats and best practices
- Driven by a curiosity to learn new platforms, expand skillsets, and explore cutting-edge design trends
- Solid understanding of art production process and associated specs
- Track record of identifying, building, and delivering growth within a fast-moving organization.
- Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines
- Agency and/or B2C experience is a plus
- Goal-oriented personality, driven to succeed and always up for a challenge
- Genuine interest in and passion for the cannabis industry is required
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.