Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking an experienced Accounts Receivable Supervisor to join our corporate finance team in Chicago, IL. The Accounts Receivable Supervisor is responsible for overseeing and optimizing the daily operations of the Accounts Receivable processes and team. This individual is accountable for accurate and timely application of cash receipts, determination of credit limits, and collections of past due invoices. This includes monitoring the Accounts Receivable aging to ensure follow-up and adjustments are completed timely to reduce the write-off of noncollectable invoices. This person will be responsible for providing and developing weekly and monthly reporting and analysis of key AR data and results. This person will also be responsible for the management of chargebacks and bad debt and implementing/improving processes and controls in all functional areas. Finally, this person will manage a team and be responsible for performance evaluation, coaching and development.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Manage cash applications and ensure accurate posting to accounts (minimize unapplied or undeposited cash)
- Manage the customer collection process to accelerate cash receipts, and minimize DSO, average days to pay and bad debt write offs.
- Review credit applications and determine appropriate credit limits.
- Manage the AR aging for all states; analyze and communicate weekly reports for the Controller, CFO, and Regional Presidents; and manage escalation process to accounting and sales teams
- Complete account analysis for Accounts Receivable, bad debt, open AR credits and other AR related balance sheet items
- Ensure compliance with and implement improvements to internal processes and controls.
- Manage cross-functional process improvements and controls implementation in cash application, collections, and credit management. Ensure optimal usage of the ERP system to support efficiencies.
- Customer and internal inquiries including account research, correspondence and communications as required
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or significant (10+ year) experience in AR
- 5+ years supervising a team
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and MS Office required
- Experience with Sage Intacct and SAP preferred, as well as the aptitude to quickly learn and utilize available technology to improve processes and controls.
- Strong leadership skills (provide direction and produce results)
- Ability to problem solve and take initiative to address issues/opportunities
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to adapt to and resolve uncertainty and ambiguity
- Highly organized and focused on results
- Strong written and verbal skills and ability to effectively communicate cross-functionally, with customers, and with senior leadership
- Enjoys working in a start-up, fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.