Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking two Senior Accountants to join our corporate controllership team in Chicago, IL. The Senior Accountant will report to the Accounting Manager and will be responsible for assisting in reporting and reconciliation of accounting processes and managing the general ledger close for certain of the company’s divisions. This will include preparing monthly and quarterly key schedules used for accounting, audit, tax, and both internal and external reporting. This individual will analyze financial statements to find and resolve any discrepancies. Our ideal candidate must be a self-starter who is highly organized with great attention to detail, who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Key contributor to the monthly general ledger close and reporting process, responsible for the P&L and balance sheets of certain of the company’s division, including journal entries, reconciliations, and accounting areas as assigned
- Prepare and review internal monthly and quarterly closing reports
- Prepare schedules used for accounting, management reporting, external reporting, audit, and tax purposes on an ongoing basis
- Prepare variance analysis and other reporting for senior management
- Support the year-end financial audit and tax preparation process with external auditors
- Assist with process improvements for accounting, including refinement and automation of close processes and reporting
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Work cross functionally with all company departments including operations, finance (tax, FP&A, investor relations), sales, marketing, legal, compliance, and HR
- Work directly with operational and site teams on special projects and initiatives related to accounting and reporting
- Implement accounting policies and procedures as company expands in to new and established markets
- Contribute to implementation of additional accounting modules and add on/new financials systems (automation/ERP)
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business with Accounting concentration
- 3+ years accounting experience (public accounting or public company corporate accounting preferred)
- CPA preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and consistent follow through on assigned tasks
- Experience with financial systems (Intacct helpful) and ERP systems (SAP helpful) with knowledge of data structure and reporting requirements
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel (including pivot tables and V-lookup functions) and MS Office required
- Enjoys working in a start-up, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently in a highly organized manner and demonstrate sound judgement
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.