Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
As Cresco Labs accelerates the development of its brand portfolio, the company is seeking an Associate Marketing Manager to join our corporate Marketing team in Chicago, IL. In this role, you will play a part in the development of integrated marketing campaigns and programs in support of Field and Trade Marketing goals and aid in building one of the first national footprints within the cannabis industry. This position will work closely with cross-functional partners across Sales, Field Marketing, Supply Chain, Compliance, Operations, Finance, Legal, and many others to drive key initiatives and deliver results.
Associate Marketing Manager Duties
- Assist in the development and implementation of marketing and brand strategy in support of Trade Marketing activities
- Ensure all marketing efforts serve to achieve immediate and long-term business goals, identifying and executing improvements for processes, content, and lead generation
- Support in-market sales and brand ambassador teams with marketing, promotional item, and collateral inquires
- Support the maintenance and development of internal communication tools including B2B email marketing, sales contacts and internal contacts, and marketing newsletter
- Plan meetings and support trade events by identifying, assembling, and coordinating requirements in support of Trade marketing and sales teams
- Work with Digital, Cultivation, Sales, Wholesale and Data/Dev teams to create scaled, sustainable systems that align with eCommerce strategy
- Facilitate large-scale product listing maintenance and updating, frequently through automated data software platforms (e.g. Tableau)
- Provide market research, competitive analyses, campaign results, and consumer trends where applicable
- Establish and cultivate brand presence across various e-commerce platforms utilizing and distributing best-in-class product photography and social content in partnership with third-party sales partners and platforms
- Work with internal Sales team, Field team, and relevant regional teams to update brand and product listings on non-owned websites and third-party platforms (i.e. Leafly, Weedmaps, etc.)
- Develop ecommerce and third-party training guides and materials for dispensary managers to follow in service of a best-in-class digital brand presence
- Further knowledge and education regularly through research, team member 1:1’s, and identify other opportunities to grow and share best practices, and local marketing ideas and tactics with the team
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or statistics or relevant field preferred
- Previous CPG, field marketing and trade marketing experience a plus
- 2+ years of marketing for a traditional CPG brand
- Ability to analyze marketing opportunities and execute solutions
- Experience or understanding of planning both print and interactive marketing collateral
- Ability to execute work with little information by engaging appropriate teams and individuals for completion
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including both written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills - ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving, quantitative and analytical skills
- Entrepreneurial and team-oriented spirit
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Previous experience with data software platforms (e.g. Tableau) a plus
- Experience with sales and marketing automation platform and tools (Salesforce, Mailchimp, etc.,)
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.