Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Quality Assurance (QA) Manager to join our FloraCal cultivation and processing facility in Santa Rosa, CA. This individual must be diverse in quality functions related to manufacturing, cultivation and supply chain. You will be responsible for overseeing quality-related activities at the facility associated with sampling and inspection, hold and release, product investigations, and Corrective and Prevention Action (CAPA) plans as well as support supply chain functions.The QA Manager will be responsible for Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) at the facility along with assisting with co-packers and Suppliers. Position will report directly into the Regional site Quality Director and indirectly to the Supplier QA Director. Product family would be cannabis flower. This position will be responsible for ensuring products are being produced in a manner that meets all specifications. You will also lead efforts to identify potential quality risks and working with operations personnel to develop improvement opportunities. The ideal candidate must possess strong leadership skills, strong attention to detail and have experience working within a highly regulated industry. The ideal candidate must be a change agent with strong influencing skills.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Responsible for management of all quality related activities at the site. Intricate part of the site Leadership Team.
- Performs cannabis product sampling and inspection and disposition including hold, rework, and destruction.
- Develop and maintain cleaning schedules.
- Leads product investigations, helping to assess risk, identify root cause, CAPA plans, and implementing solutions with business partners.
- Track and evaluate all testing failures.
- Assist with QMS document writing and revisions, including routing and/or approval of change request packages.
- Reviews batch documentation, test results, and good documentation practices.
- Discusses issues and concerns directly with cultivation agent and cultivation operations management so any corrections and improvements can be made in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with operational functions to troubleshoot product defects, provides advice with process improvements to eliminate errors and reduce risk.
- Consolidates technical information from cultivation operations and prepares written investigation and CAPA reports which may be provided to state regulators.
- Monitors compliance to established Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
- Conducts all duties in compliance with safety rules, applicable SOPs, and other applicable guidelines.
- Travel to other internal facilities, co-packers, and suppliers across the U.S. to help with new market launches, training, inspections, auditing, risk assessments and other duties as assigned.
- Ensure all suppliers and co-packers are up to date with documentation
- Perform batch record review and release batches/lots.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree, 5+ years’ experience in a quality role
- Prior experience in highly regulated industry: healthcare, medical devices, pharmaceutical, consumer packaged goods (food), cannabis. Highly desirable: FDA, HACCP, GFSI experience i.e. SQF, BRC, etc.
- Prior experience in Quality Assurance or Quality Control function
- Prior experience with supplier quality selection, supplier monitoring, supplier inspection procedures, and product withdrawal/recall procedures
- Prior experience with product sampling, inspection procedures, customer complaints, product investigations, and CAPA
- Prior experience in regulatory agency audits and correspondence.
- Ability to follow written procedures and monitor others for adherence to written procedures
- Ability to create or update written procedures with site operations personnel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including writing executive summaries and communicating with senior level operations, quality management team, and regulatory agencies
- Must be detail-oriented
- Utilizes critical thinking to troubleshoot issues, work collaboratively with a team to brainstorm solutions, and implement improvement solutions
- Manage personnel, including performance management, setting vision, priorities, etc.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.