Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Senior Manager, Consolidations and Financial Reporting to join our corporate finance team in Chicago, IL. This individual will report to the Assistant Controller – Technical Accounting, Reporting & Integration and will be responsible for overseeing Cresco’s financial reporting process. Responsibilities will include managing a team in the preparation of the Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Statement of Cash Flows in accordance with IFRS, supporting the reporting and integration of newly acquired companies, and managing the BPC administrator and consolidation system. Our ideal candidate must be a self-starter who is highly organized with great attention to detail and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Lead the preparation of the balance sheet, income statement and statement of cash flows in accordance with IFRS, ensuring proper presentation supported by detailed analysis of underlying data and technical accounting research
- Oversee the monthly consolidation of financial results and review consolidation and intercompany elimination entries while maintaining thorough and detailed documentation
- Manage a very complex entity structure, support and manage the BPC administrator and act as expert in consolidation, improving and expanding system reporting and functionality
- Ensure data is validated with timely resolution of discrepancies and variances
- Manage, own and maintain multiple ledgers and hierarchies to support reporting at different levels, working with stakeholders on key projects in these areas (tax trial balances, legal entity reporting, carveouts, legal entity rationalization projects, changes in accounting, etc.)
- Preparation of a monthly and quarterly reporting package, including Adjusted EBITDA and supporting schedules
- Quarterly and ad-hoc analysis and review of financial results, investigating and resolving unusual balances
- Find and implement solutions to complex reporting challenges
- Directly manage, and be accountable for, the successful integration of financial results of acquisitions
- Preparation of debt covenant calculation and compliance certificates
- Coordinate and serve as liaison with external auditors
- Participate in cross functional projects related to financial reporting
- Drive continuous improvement in the financial reporting process
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 7+ years accounting experience
- Experience with financial and reporting systems required (e.g., advanced user of MS Excel, Hyperion, BPC, Workday), and ability to work with large amounts of data
- CPA required
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Strong project management skills
- Strong presentation skills; ability to absorb and summarize complex and/or diverse information
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive within a post-start up, fast-paced, global public company environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change; able to act as a change agent
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.