Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
The VP of Information Security is responsible for developing and monitoring practices to ensure that Cresco’s Personal Identification Information (PII), Personal Card Industry (PCI) and Personal Health information are secure from unauthorized access, protected from inappropriate alteration, physically secure, and available to authorized users in a timely fashion.
This role is also responsible for the oversight and management of all activities related to the development, implementation, and maintenance of, and compliance with, Cresco’s policies, procedures, and standards governing the privacy, confidentiality, and security of all individually identifiable health information in compliance with HIPAA, the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) regulations implementing HIPAA and other state and federal laws, professional ethics, and accreditation standards protecting the confidentiality and privacy of individuals and their health and other information, such as financial information. The VP of Information Security is responsible for the design, oversight, and ongoing management of the information security program including policies, procedures, technical systems, and workforce training in order to maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data within all of the company’s information systems.
CORE JOB DUTIES:
· The employee shall comply with all safety and health standards, and all rules, regulations, and orders which are applicable to the individual's own position, actions, and conduct.
· Function as the Company’s Security Officer for regulatory and compliance purposes
· Draft, implement, manage, and enforce security policies and procedures related to PII and PCI.
· Ensure the ongoing integration of information security with business strategies and privacy requirements.
· Work with Chief Information Officer for ongoing optimal application of technology functionality to protect regulated data.
· In collaboration with the Chief Compliance Officer, lead information security awareness and training initiatives to educate workforce about policies, procedures, and information risks.
· Manage internal and third party security risk assessment analysis processes and remediation including creation of the risk mediation plan.
· Manage gap analyses and prioritization of gap closure. Respond to risk assessments of members and other participants.
· Identify process improvements, update standard answers to questions posed by participants and review security surveys including SOC Reports from Vendors
· Create an information security risk mitigation plan based on risk assessments with input from relevant staff.
· Perform ongoing security audits to assess effectiveness of policies, procedures, and Information Systems security safeguards.
· Make recommendations to the Chief Information Officer regarding the ongoing integration of information security with business strategies and privacy requirements.
· Work with vendors, outside consultants, business associates, and other third parties to improve information security practices.
· Lead the security incident response team in prevention, investigation, mitigation, and reporting activities.
· Work with Human Resources to ensure appropriate sanctions for violations of information security policies.
· Recommend system enhancements via capital and operating budget planning to keep pace with privacy and security technology advances.
· Ensure that vendors comply with contractual obligations related to information security.
· Support continuity planning. Conduct business impact analysis and manage the remediation of issue identified. Conduct annual disaster recovery testing and adopt remediation plan.
· Support plans for emergency mode of operations (including access to regulated information).
· Support information and information system recovery and resumption of routine practice operation after an emergency. Coordinate the improvement and implementation of the Emergency Mode operation plan. Update Information Technology items in the Emergency Preparedness Plan.
· Lead security response team in investigating and developing appropriate responses to complaints and incidents related to information security. Carry out periodic security risk assessments in conjunction with privacy requirements.
· Manage and perform the security audit program and coordinating action plans for applicable Company departments when necessary to make improvements.
· Document and maintain all risk analyses and remediation actions. Further, document the processes that lead to regulatory compliance and establish the links between technical solutions and security policies.
· Manage retention of performance improvement activity documentation for security functions and compliance responsibilities.
· Coordinate security survey regulatory activities and participate in accreditation surveys with external survey bodies.
· Maintain current knowledge of federal and state privacy and security laws and regulations and industry best practices
· Serve as a security resource to executive management, employees, business associates, and external bodies such as association members and government agencies.
· A minimum of 10 years’ experience providing information security to a complex entity
· Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), or Certified Intrusion Analyst (CIA) certification is required within 12 months of hire.
· Proven understanding of health care regulatory standards (HIPAA privacy and security rules) is preferred.
· Demonstrated knowledge of general IT controls (e.g. access controls, risk management, change management) and related information security policies and procedures
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.