Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
Cresco aims to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Their operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, they will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market they move in to.
Cresco is seeking a Chemist to join our growing team at our Joliet, IL facility! The chemist will be responsible for testing equipment as well as assisting in the extraction process of medicinal cannabis. The chemist will test samples for identification, purity, and contaminants. The chemist will also maintain the organization, cleanliness and efficiency of production area, as well as maintaining the quality control measures to ensure high quality product while carrying out day-to-day tasks such as prepping, extracting, and packaging.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Assist in extraction process
- HPLC sample testing requirements
- Mixing of all ratio oils, lotions, capsules, tinctures
- Documentation and reporting of findings
- Maintain quality control measures
- Formulation Calculations
- R&D – recording data, product refinement and improvement
- Lab equipment maintenance reporting
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in chemistry or related field
- 1-2 years HPLC experience
- Knowledge of analytical instrumentation theory and practice, specifically, GC, and HPLC.
- Knowledge of organic chemistry and laboratory experimental techniques
- Experience with Microsoft Office Applications, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and willing to work overtime depending project demand
- Ability to work independently and manage time efficiently to deliver on project goals
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must be 21 years or older to apply