Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a highly organized Legal Coordinator to join our Corporate Legal team in Chicago, IL. As the Legal Coordinator, you will be responsible for providing day-to-day administrative support for the legal team across functions including but not limited to licensing, M&A, compliance, real estate, grants, etc. A successful applicant must possess high attention to detail, a positive attitude, excellent communication skills, and a desire to work in a fast pace, exciting environment.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Assist with the support, maintenance, and preparation of reports, files, memos, etc, including the drafting and proofreading of documents with a high degree of accuracy.
- Maintain accurate written and electronic records
- Prepare materials for legal and cross-functional meetings
- Provide general clerical support to office activities and provide support services to staff with any project related deadlines, including general clerical duties such as copying, faxing, mailing, filing, and expense reporting.
- Maintain up-to-date calendars and help arrangement of meetings, travel, conference calls, events, etc.
- Demonstrate high standards of personal and professional integrity while adhering to company policies and procedures
- Ad hoc reporting and projects as necessary
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- 2+ years of experience in an administrative capacity, legal experience preferred.
- Associate degree in related field, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Ability to multi-task, highly motivated, organized, and eager to learn
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, advanced Excel knowledge
- Working knowledge of office equipment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Must be extremely detail oriented
- Willing and able to work in a fast pace environment
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.