Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
The Corporate Communications Specialist supports the Corporate Communications Director in the development and delivery of strategic communication programs, both written and verbal, across Internal Communications, Media Relations, and Investor relations
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong self-starter characteristics, the ability to creatively problem-solve, and collaborate across the communications team. The ideal candidate is results-oriented, excels in a fast-paced environment, and enjoys multi-tasking with minimal supervision.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Supports the Corporate Communications Director in the development and delivery of strategic communication programs, both written and verbal, across Internal Communications, Media Relations, and Investor relations
- Helps develop ideas and write/edit content for various communication outlets, including employee newsletter, feature stories, press releases, etc.
- Helps to coordinate and manage public relations and media relations projects and activities
- Maintains communication methods and platforms, media database, print materials, and change strategies, as needed
- Meets with teams, departments, and other sources to get information about relevant news and updates to communicate internally and externally, including external research with potential news outlets and reporters
- Coordinates and/or attends meetings and conferences as necessary, taking notes and ensuring following through on action items
- Research and source for industry relevant awards and nominations
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations, or related field.
- Minimum of 2+ years Media/Communication/Advertising experience, corporate or agency
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Proven track record of creating and executing on a wide range of communication initiatives
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- High level of self-motivation, excellent organizational skills and ability to anticipate employee and client needs
- Must be 21 years of age to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.