Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is among the largest cultivation, manufacturing and retail cannabis operators in the U.S. We provide a full suite of consistently dosed products catering to all consumers, from the novice to the connoisseur, from the medically treated to the recreational user. The company’s core values emphasize educating consumers while seeking to eliminate social stigmas associated with marijuana. We have developed strong partnerships with dispensaries, law-makers, physicians, and local communities – putting Cresco in a unique position to establish a national operation in the complex and developing cannabis industry.
Cresco aims to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Their operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, they will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market they move in to.
Our Food Production Manager will oversee daily food production and packaging operations at the facility level. Create and maintain a workplace environment that ensures employee safety & performance, product quality, appropriate inventory levels, and upholds FDA and GMP standards. Through adherence of standard operating procedures, focus on delivering results measured by key performance metrics.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Participate in the hiring process, employee on-boarding, performance management and corrective action.
- Directly supervise kitchen and packaging agents responsible for operational activities; providing motivation, training and development of production staff.
- Enforce strict compliance to standard operating procedures.
- Maintain a safe work environment at all times.
- Ensure quality objectives are met including regular adherence to GMPs, performance of sanitation audits, food safety checks and product quality checks.
- Actively participate in prevention and correction of quality-related errors. Check and enforce personnel hygiene and safety.
- Monitor manufacturing and implement corrective action planning when needed to meet company objectives.
- Develop production plans to maintain inventory par levels as determined by sales demand.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain to ensure timely delivery of ingredients and packaging materials. Ensure proper logging and storage of all materials.
- Oversee implementation and training for new products, equipment and personnel.
- Recommend and implement efficiency improvements.
- Daily review of achievement targets and report variances during review meetings. Implement action plans to address failures and support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrate an adequate understanding of production machinery; equipment; processing; blending; extraction; shelf-stable products, quality, and/or other requisite technical knowledge.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of SOPs, MFs, WIs and other company policies.
- Responsible and accountable for quality compliance, production, pack out, and inventory control.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with departments including Supply Chain, Engineering, Quality, Logistics, Facility Management and Operations.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- 3 plus years of proven experience in production supervision within the food, packaging, contract packaging or manufacturing environment.
- Confectionary operations is a plus
- Strong people and supervisory skills including mentoring, coaching, performance, motivating, and directing staff.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and maintain positive relationships with all levels of management.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, procedures and machinery.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry