Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is among the largest cultivation, manufacturing and retail cannabis operators in the U.S. We provide a full suite of consistently dosed products catering to all consumers, from the novice to the connoisseur, from the medically treated to the recreational user. The company’s core values emphasize educating consumers while seeking to eliminate social stigmas associated with marijuana. We have developed strong partnerships with dispensaries, law-makers, physicians, and local communities – putting Cresco in a unique position to establish a national operation in the complex and developing cannabis industry.
Cresco aims to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Their operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, they will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market they move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Vice President, Patient Outreach to join our corporate operations team at our Chicago headquarters reporting to the Executive Vice President of Public Affairs. As our Vice President, Patient Outreach, you will act as the key link between our company, healthcare professionals and patients. Our goal is to increase the visibility and awareness of our company’s medical products as well as raising awareness of the medical marijuana industry at large.
The Vice President, Patient Outreach will motivate and influence teams, demonstrate organization and attention to detail, and think strategically about the impact of our patient outreach programs both at the state and community level.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Liaise with and persuade healthcare professionals to recommend our products utilizing effective selling skills, utilizing market research.
- Create territory business plans for making effective calls on physicians that treat qualifying conditions; while providing current, accurate, and company approved information.
- Build positive trust relationships with medical representatives to influence the decision making process
- Build portfolio of contacts within the healthcare field.
- Monitor and analyze research data to identify competitive advantage in the medical marijuana industry.
- Pursue continuous learning and professional development and stay up-to-date with latest medical marijuana research data.
- Understand linkages across functional activities: and see the relationship between activities, provide advice/consult on missing deliverables, timing of activities, and have awareness of the impact of one action on downstream events that need to be considered.
- Lead, manage and motivate team to deliver results by target completion dates through shared leadership and communicating direction.
- Establish team norms, expectations and metrics while driving the Cresco Labs values
- Coordinate communication among team members to ensure smooth execution of action plans and updates on project progress
- Develop guidelines, best practices and tools to replicate/scale-up similar initiatives across functions and states; ensures that innovative and emerging trends are operationalized, as appropriate.
- Act as spokesperson or industry expert for media, regulatory or industry purposes.
- Oversee the hiring, on-boarding, training, work assignments, performance management, career development, coaching and mentoring of the Patient Outreach team.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- 5+ years’ experience in patient outreach
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Familiarity with databases, statistics, and medical marijuana issues
- Quick learner – grasps essence quickly and uses information learned to apply elsewhere
- Thinks strategically and sees the “big picture” goals and objectives while being able to tactically execute action items
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; knows how to work well with diverse and dynamic teams across multiple functions, e.g. operations, sales, legal, marketing, technology
- Thrives in fast-paced dynamic environment; can handle multiple high priority projects simultaneously
- Ability to design and implement new guidelines and processes
- Limited travel required
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.