Are you passionate about transforming education and empowering learners worldwide? Coursera, the world's largest online learning platform, is on a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. With over 118 million registered learners and partnerships with 300+ top universities and industry leaders, including Google, IBM, and Duke University, Coursera offers a diverse range of content and credentials, from courses and Specializations to Professional Certificates and bachelor's and master's degrees.
As a B Corp, we're committed to driving positive social and environmental impact while delivering high-quality learning experiences. Our platform is used by institutions worldwide to upskill and reskill employees, citizens, and students across industries, including data science, technology, and business.
Join us in our mission to create a world where anyone, anywhere can transform their life through access to education. We're seeking talented individuals who share our passion and drive to revolutionize the way the world learns.
We at Coursera are committed to building a globally diverse team and are thrilled to extend employment opportunities to individuals in any country where we have a legal entity. We require candidates to possess eligible working rights and have a compatible timezone overlap with their team to facilitate seamless collaboration. As a remote-first company, our interviews and onboarding are entirely virtual, providing a smooth and efficient experience for our candidates.
The Enterprise Solutions team serves global organizations, including leading companies, governments, and nonprofits, who seek to upskill or retrain their workforce with the world’s best education. This team is made up of three sub-teams: Sales, Customer Success, and Revenue Strategy & Operations. The teams operate globally and have members based out of our offices in Mountain View, New York, London, Gurgaon, and Abu Dhabi.
We are looking for an Account Executive/Business Development Manager who can help us empower Universities & Higher-ed Institutions in Asia to offer the world’s best education to their employees and students respectively.
Our ideal candidate is a passionate, entrepreneurial sales manager who can prospect, develop, and close large enterprise deals in Asia. You should have extensive experience of sales to large enterprises /universities / higher education institutions. Your knowledge of edtech, enterprise learning / training combined with superior communication skills and analytical abilities will shape Coursera’s enterprise business.
- Meet and exceed all quarterly and annual sales quotas
- Create a strategic territory plan and generate new-business revenue from the territory
- Navigate Universities & Higher-Ed Institutions to identify, effectively prospect, develop, and close sales opportunities
- Develop and manage pipeline activity and monitor sales activity against quota
- Use in-depth knowledge of industry trends to consult,support and manage prospective customers relationships.
- Accurately forecast quarterly and monthly sales
- 11+ years of enterprise sales experience, including experience in the Asian markets.
- Demonstrated history in enterprise sales experience at a SaaS company (experience selling to higher education segment, large universities is preferred)
- Experience of consistently exceeding quota of $1 Million and more, with proven success in accurately forecasting targets, and achieving sales commits
- Experience of managing meetings with C-suite representatives and key decision makers - President, Chancellor, Vice Chancellor, Dean
- Experience working in the higher Ed space - with demonstrated history showing skills in Higher education landscape, key influencers, decision making process, budgeting etc.
- Extensive enterprise sales experience at a SaaS company (experience selling to higher education segment, large universities is essential)
- Proven track record of selling enterprise solutions into large / complex accounts and over-achieving quarterly and annual sales targets
- Business written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical and creative-problem solving abilities, excellent interpersonal skills, organizational, and operational skills
- Entrepreneurial drive and comfort working autonomously and as part of a team in ambiguous, quickly-changing environments
- Outstanding ability to collaborate, understand, and empathize with others
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera: