Coursera can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. Our interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a remote-first company.
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 113 million registered learners as of September 30, 2022. Coursera partners with over 275 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
The Enterprise team serves global organizations, including leading companies, governments, and nonprofits, who seek to upskill or retrain their workforce with the world’s best education. This team is made up of three sub-teams: Sales, Customer Success, and Revenue Strategy & Operations. The teams operate globally and have members based out of our offices in Mountain View, New York, London, Gurgaon, and Abu Dhabi.
As part of Coursera’s Mid-Market team, you will play a key role in increasing global access to world-class education. You will help build Coursera’s India Mid-Market business and partnerships and work across the organization (with business development, product, services and legal) in service of Coursera’s growth and long-term success.
Our ideal candidate is passionate and entrepreneurial who can prospect, develop, and close deals in the India region. You should have extensive experience of sales to the commercial and scaled segments. Your knowledge of edtech, enterprise learning combined with superior communication skills and analytical abilities will shape Coursera’s enterprise mid market space, organizations with upto 5000 employees. The Mid-Market team is part of the Enterprise Solutions Team.
- Meet and exceed sales quotas
- Create a strategic territory plan and drive new and expansion revenue within that territory to deliver on revenue goals
- Scout for new accounts in the defined territory and manage some existing accounts
- Effectively prospect to generate leads, develop, and close opportunities in the Mid-Market sector in the assigned region
- Build and deliver sales forecasts, updates and share best practices with the rest of sales
- Work collaboratively with Marketing, Customer Success, Implementation and to optimize GTM strategy
- Minimum 3 to 5+ years of on-budget sales closing experience to Corporate/ Mid Market segment in India region
- Experience of selling SAAS/subscription/product sales solutions to Commercial Segment in India is a must (only field sales and not telesales/remote sales)
- A consultative approach and proven experience in negotiating with key decision makers, senior management/executives
- Experience of consistently exceeding quota of $600k and more, with proven success in building territory plans, executing on sales plays , accurately forecasting and achieving sales commits
- Ability to work both as a “hunter” with strong solution selling skills, analytical and problem solving abilities and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to hold your own in meetings with C-suite representatives from prospective partners and speak as a thought-leader and visionary in the learning space
- Understanding of Corporate Learning Function and Skills transformation imperatives in India
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera: