CoreWeave is a specialized cloud provider, delivering a massive scale of GPU compute resources on top of the industry’s fastest and most flexible infrastructure. CoreWeave builds cloud solutions for compute intensive use cases — VFX and rendering, machine learning and AI, batch processing, and Pixel Streaming — that are up to 35 times faster and 80% less expensive than the large, generalized public clouds. Learn more at www.coreweave.com.
About the role:
An engineering practice is only as healthy as its foundational dependencies and CoreWeave’s Kubernetes Infrastructure Team supports the platform and tools that underpin nearly every part of the cloud. Responsible for our internal Kubernetes-on-metal clusters in each datacenter, engineers on this team have the mission to manage and scale Kubernetes in one of one of the fastest growing clouds in the world. The domain of bare-metal day-0+ reliability engineering offers unique and rewarding challenges in orchestration, fleet operations, testing, observability and automation and every team member will have opportunities to develop their skills with Kuberenetes in an environment unique to being a cloud-builder, not just a cloud-consumer.
We are seeking a Senior Engineer to join the Kubernetes Infrastructure team and help us grow our orchestration platforms in scale, reliability, and featureset. This individual will join a team of 4-6 mixed-skill engineers and have the opportunity to work on the full gamut of rewarding challenges that come with the business of building a cloud in a communicative, supportive, and high-performing environment. As a member of the Kubernetes Infrastructure Team, you would have the opportunity to:
- Design and implement solutions to fascinating problems of scale for provisioning and managing (many) bare-metal Kubernetes clusters in a hands-free, growing environment.
- Develop a toolchain and program for testing and developing against a complex cloud environment at a scale that remains agile.
- Create custom Kubernetes interfaces, gateways, and orchestrators all managed using Gitops tools such as Argo CD and Helm.
- Improve the performance, security, and reliability of our internal Kubernetes platforms and participate in the Kubernetes Infrastructure on-call rotation.
- Build dashboards, alerts, and insights into the customer experience using Grafana and Prometheus ecosystem tools.
- Grow, change, invest in your teammates, be invested-in, share your ideas, listen to others, be curious, have fun, and, above all, be yourself.
Wondering if you’re a good fit? We believe in investing in our people, and value candidates who can bring their own diversified experiences to our teams – even if you aren't a 100% skill or experience match. Here are some qualities we’ve found compatible with our team. If a portion of this resonates with you, we’d love to talk.
- You have four or more years of experience in a software or infrastructure engineering industry
- You have experience operating services in production and at scale.
- You have some experience using Kubernetes with a conceptual understanding of its major components and/or have administered unmanaged (eg, not EKS/GKE) Kubernetes clusters with some form of automation such as KubeSpray.
- You’re comfortable with the idea of using Go as your primary programming language.
- You know your way around a Linux distro, shell scripting, and/or the Linux storage and networking stacks.
- You’re interested in reliability engineering concepts such as the different types of testing, progressive deployments, error budgets, the role observability, and fault-tolerant design.
- You can transform problems in elastic architectures, decompose them into achievable tasks, and socialize both to your teammates.
- You’re excited about being part of a team of diverse perspectives and backgrounds that believe in tackling challenges, growing hand in hand, and winning together.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $165,000 to $200,000 annually. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
At CoreWeave, we work hard, have fun, and move fast! We’re in an exciting stage of hyper-growth that you will not want to miss out on. We’re not afraid of a little chaos, and we’re constantly learning. Our team cares deeply about how we build our product and how we work together, which is represented through our core values:
- Be Curious at your Core
- Act like an Owner
- Empower Employees
- Deliver Best In-Class Client Experience
- Achieve More Together
We support and encourage an entrepreneurial outlook and independent thinking. We foster an environment that encourages collaboration and provides the opportunity to develop innovative solutions to complex problems. As we get set for take off, the growth opportunities within the organization are constantly expanding. You will be surrounded by some of the best talent in the industry, who will want to learn from you, too. Come join us!
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance - 100% paid for the employee
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary supplemental life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Mental Wellness Benefits through Spring Health
- Family-Forming support provided by Carrot
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible, full-service childcare support with Kinside
- 401(k) with a generous employer match
- Flexible PTO
- Catered lunch each day in our offices
- Weekly massages in NJ office
- A casual work environment
- Work culture focused on innovative disruption
California Consumer Privacy Act - California applicants only
CoreWeave is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.