About the opportunity
Contentful is a content management system (CMS) that enables enterprises to publish content across multiple channels with speed and agility. Our platform provides developers and content creators with the tools they need to manage and deliver digital content, from websites and mobile apps to smart devices and digital signage.
We are looking for an experienced Senior or Principal Product Manager to help us discover and build new products for Contentful. As a key member of the product team, you'll be responsible for identifying new product opportunities, defining product strategy, and driving the product development process from ideation to launch. This role will operate in highly ambiguous environments and will need to be able to get to actionable insights quickly, make decisions and find valuable problems to solve for customers.
What to expect?
- Conduct market research, customer discovery, and competitive analysis to identify new product opportunities.
- Lead product discovery efforts, including user interviews, usability testing, and data analysis.
- Define product strategy, including product vision, roadmap, and opportunity prioritization.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including engineering, design, sales, and marketing, to ensure successful product development and launch.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand user needs and develop user personas and use cases.
- Define and track key product metrics and KPIs to measure product success.
- Drive the product development process, including product requirements, user stories.
- Work closely with engineering teams to deliver the product to market
- Communicate product status, progress, and risks to stakeholders and senior leadership.
What you need to be successful?
- 5+ years of experience in product management, preferably in a startup or entrepreneurial environment.
- Proven track record of successfully launching zero-to-one products.
- Strong product management skills, including product strategy, road mapping, and agile development processes.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to make data-informed decisions in situations with high uncertainty.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Experience with user research and usability testing.
- Technical background and experience working with engineering teams.
If you're excited about the prospect of building a new product from scratch and have a passion for innovation and user-centered design, we'd love to hear from you!
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days.
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave to care for and focus on your growing family
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual and in-person events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- New hire office equipment stipend. Get the gear you need to work at your best.
This role will need to be conducted in a state in which we are currently registered to do business.
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: $184,000 - $194,500
[This position is eligible for equity awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s equity plans.]
Who are we?
Contentful is the intelligent composable content platform that unlocks all of an organization’s digital content to deliver impactful customer experiences, making content a strategic business asset. The Contentful Platform, Contentful Studio, and the Contentful Ecosystem combine the flexibility of composable content with the intelligence of AI, empowering digital teams to drive business momentum through collaboration, speed, and scale. Contentful powers innovative content experiences across brands, regions, and channels for organizations around the world, including nearly 30% of the Fortune 500. Nearly 800 people from more than 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.