About the opportunity
Contentful is a modern content platform for businesses. Our mission is to enable digital teams across the world to quickly build the best digital experiences imaginable. We are only scratching the surface of our full potential and we have an impressive amount of work ahead of us. This means you have an incredible opportunity to join us on this journey and do meaningful, challenging work whilst growing your career.
You will be leading two of our Content Platform teams responsible for content storage and content delivery. The teams own our CDA and GraphQL APIs as well as the performance of our content storage. You would lead the teams in their current and upcoming projects like search and cross space content delivery.
If you enjoy working on a broad range of complex and impactful Software Engineering problems for a rapidly growing customer base, this will be a great opportunity for your career.
What to expect?
- Lead a large team of software engineers to efficiently solve business problems with high-quality software.
- Obsess about software delivery, enabling your team to continuously deliver value to our customers
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the team’s code, architecture, and process
- Build a team culture that is collaborative, inclusive, and respectful
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members
- Work closely with the Contentful recruiting team to hire high potential engineers from diverse backgrounds across the world
What you need to be successful?
- You already have experience leading and managing a team of software engineers
- You come with an in-depth, proven software engineering background that allows you to quickly establish credibility with brilliant engineers
- You are enthusiastic about continuous improvement and the Agile software delivery process, particularly in collaboration with product
- You have experience recruiting and hiring engineering talent, combined with bringing new starters up to speed
- You care deeply about teaching and mentoring other engineers and managers
- You communicate well in English and you know how to cultivate empathy and openness towards people from all over the globe
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for information, support, discussion, and counseling for life’s challenges
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
Who are we?
Contentful is the intelligent composable content platform that unlocks all of an organization’s digital content to deliver impactful customer experiences, making content a strategic business asset. The Contentful Platform, Contentful Studio, and the Contentful Ecosystem combine the flexibility of composable content with the intelligence of AI, empowering digital teams to drive business momentum through collaboration, speed, and scale. Contentful powers innovative content experiences across brands, regions, and channels for organizations around the world, including nearly 30% of the Fortune 500. Nearly 800 people from more than 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.