About the opportunity
We are in search of an experienced Product Marketing Director to play a key role as we embark on an ambitious growth trajectory and transition into a multi-product company. This is an exciting opportunity to drive and shape our future while making a significant impact.
This PMM Director will help drive measurable business impact at the P&L level, by working closely with core Product and BizOps teams, as well as our broader GTM teams. In addition, this role will oversee the company-wide product launch process from ideation to delivery, sales enablement content, pricing and packaging, and competitive analysis.
To accomplish this, you will manage an international team of PMMs, develop go-to-market strategies, launch products, create differentiated product messaging and positioning, work closely with the field organization to help them achieve revenue goals, and establish a thorough understanding of our customers and competition. You will be expected to communicate with confidence and authority, operate autonomously, and manage across departments and time zones.
What to expect?
- Define go-to-market strategies and product communication plans, develop marketing materials, and lead high-impact feature releases that drive adoption and revenue
- Creating differentiated messages and positioning our products
- Own launch process to achieve key tentpole moments
- Help the field sales organization achieve 100% goals through coaching, enablement content, and roadshows
- Become an expert in the needs and aspirations of our business users and target personas
- Collaborative initiatives across a cross-functional team, including Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Partnerships, and Customer Experience departments
- Working cross-functionally to create pricing and packaging offers to maximize value
- Deliver and evangelize our value proposition and collaborate on product demonstrations at internal and external conferences and customer briefings
- Generate customer case studies and other collateral to support marketing and sales initiatives and guide communication efforts across multiple audiences and channels
What you need to be successful?
- 3+ years of experience as a Product Marketer Director+ and you need to be able to demonstrate a well-established Product Marketing playbook
- Experience finding new areas of product-market fit, then bringing brand new products to market — you have an innovative mindset (and ideally a track record to prove it)
- Experience building, marketing, or selling B2B software that drives team collaboration and powers digital customer experiences — used by content creators across marketing, commerce, customer support, and beyond
- Experience working for a company that is a few years ahead of Contentful’s rapid growth curve, to help guide us to where we are going
- A successful and referenceable track record of helping drive product adoption and revenue for a SaaS software product
- Experience building sales enablement programs and content to support product understanding
- Experience analyzing and activating new pricing and packaging options
- A desire to grow and elevate an international team of PMM’s
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave to care for and focus on your growing family Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual and in-person events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- New hire office equipment stipend. Get the gear you need to work at your best.
This role will need to be conducted in a state in which we are currently registered to do business.
Who are we?
Contentful is the intelligent composable content platform that unlocks all of an organization’s digital content to deliver impactful customer experiences, making content a strategic business asset. The Contentful Platform, Contentful Studio, and the Contentful Ecosystem combine the flexibility of composable content with the intelligence of AI, empowering digital teams to drive business momentum through collaboration, speed, and scale. Contentful powers innovative content experiences across brands, regions, and channels for organizations around the world, including nearly 30% of the Fortune 500. Nearly 800 people from more than 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.