About the opportunity
Contentful exists to help our customers deliver compelling customer experiences with content at the heart of the conversation. As a Senior Sales Engineer you will play a critical role in helping our customers and prospects understand the role of content in a modern composable digital landscape.
Our Senior Sales Engineers come from a whole host of backgrounds: marketing professionals, Sales Engineers with experience selling to marketing audiences, as well as individuals with agency and professional services backgrounds. We rely heavily on our core values to identify the right talent at Contentful as the role of a Senior Sales Engineer is dynamic and multidimensional.
Imagine yourself as a co-pilot on sales opportunities. You will work with your Account Executives in lock-step through key phases of the sales cycle including technical discovery, product presentations, collaborative solution design sessions, interactive trials, proofs of concept and more. You will build relationships with customer stakeholders to understand their needs and become a trusted advisor to help them navigate the ever-shifting landscape of digital marketing technology and trends.
This is a dynamic role and would allow you to be part of a growth company where you can make an impact on sales results, help drive and influence the direction of the Sales Engineering function, work within a positive culture, and continue to grow and expand your career.
What to expect?
- Dive into an immersive onboarding experience that will help you learn the Contentful value propositions, personas, products, MACH and composable solutions, partner ecosystem, and more.
- Become proficient in the Contentful Demo presentation framework.
- Learn the Content Management competitive landscape - both current and legacy platforms - and complimentary stack solutions.
- Create deep relationships across the business: sales, marketing, product, partnerships, and others..
- Make an impact on sales revenue by co-piloting sales opportunities along with your Account Executives.
- Seek to understand customer’s short term and long term digital objectives, and how Contentful enables their vision both as the driving force of their stack, or as a “good neighbor” to their other platforms.
- Validate and illustrate how Contentful can help the customer with their digital transformation efforts through customized value based product demonstrations and proofs of concept.
- Assist with the completion of RFIs, RFPs, and Security questionnaires and liaison with other departments to drive finalization.
- Relay product feedback from customers and implementation partners to Product Management, Marketing and Sales.
- Be a thought leader in Sales Engineering and provide mentorship to other Sales Engineers newer in their careers.
- Travel onsite with customers when necessary.
- Work on exciting internal projects that impact how the Sales Engineering team works and grows.
- Strong leadership and a safe environment to be you and grow your career.
What you need to be successful?
- The desire to work in a fast paced environment
- An individual that understands the Digital Marketing function, the KPIs used to measure success within Marketing, and how content powers a Marketing strategy.
- 3-5 years sales engineering experience selling cloud solutions to a Marketing audience OR 3-5 years of experience performing a Digital Marketing function.
- Strong presentation skills that demonstrate the ability to clearly and sympathetically convey business and technical knowledge to our varying personas that are both marketing-focused and technical-focused.
- A high degree of emotional intelligence to help navigate meetings with multiple customer stakeholders with varying degrees of engagement and influence.
- A natural curiosity for how technology drives change and how that transfers into business value.
- Experience working with a Content Management Platform or similar technology (MarTech).
- Prior experience with solution selling methodologies and/or value based selling techniques.
- Understanding the core concepts of MACH products and Composable architectures and how they relate to Contentful’s product and market position.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days.
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave to care for and focus on your growing family
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual and in-person events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- New hire office equipment stipend. Get the gear you need to work at your best.
This role will need to be conducted in a state in which we are currently registered to do business.
[This position is eligible for equity awards, annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s variable compensation plans.]
Who are we?
Contentful is the intelligent composable content platform that unlocks all of an organization’s digital content to deliver impactful customer experiences, making content a strategic business asset. The Contentful Platform, Contentful Studio, and the Contentful Ecosystem combine the flexibility of composable content with the intelligence of AI, empowering digital teams to drive business momentum through collaboration, speed, and scale. Contentful powers innovative content experiences across brands, regions, and channels for organizations around the world, including nearly 30% of the Fortune 500. Nearly 800 people from more than 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at email@example.com with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.