Consumer Edge is the leading provider of consumer transaction data to some of the largest hedge funds, venture capital and private equity firms, and corporations in the United States and Europe. We arm our clients with actionable consumer, competitive, and market insights that drive better investment and strategic decisions. We're profitable and growing quickly.
Manager of IT is a newly created position at Consumer Edge and the scope is broad: Management and support of all of our SaaS applications, software and hardware, fully revamping our service desk capabilities including evaluation of existing partner relationships and establishing workflows, SLAs, and FAQs, driving us toward self-service cloud app provisioning, implementing SSO and numerous other IT-meets-infosec-meets-HR initiatives, vendor/subscription/license/equipment management, helping to optimize our knowledge management and internal organization and access to information, and more.
Initially, this will be a very hands-on role, and over time may become less so as the company grows, the IT team grows, and the right partner relationships are established. The successful candidate will be curious about the business and the IT needs of the people in it, is thoughtful and articulate, and has a significant breadth of experience managing all aspects of IT in a small, dynamic, highly tech-focused company. It is the perfect opportunity for a “player/coach” who enjoys being hands-on, but also wants to build out a team and evolve their own role to be more strategic over time.
- Assess, evolve and manage our IT support function, which currently serves ~100 people, from highly technical data engineering teams to sales, finance, marketing and other functions, in a largely remote and geographically dispersed environment. Establish SLAs, enable self-service provisioning, implement a knowledge base to help minimize “how to / where is” requests.
- Lead in the design and implementation of various IT initiatives which support the overall goals and vision of Consumer Edge, fully managing the development of new tools and solutions to maintain efficiency within IT operations across all areas of the organization.
- Grab a hold of the full inventory of applications (cloud and installed), hardware, licenses, subscriptions, IT vendor relationships, and implement asset tracking, a consolidated IT budget, and a process through which new applications and services are evaluated, approved, and acquired.
- Understand and harden our security stance across all aspects of our IT: SSO, secrets management, endpoint and network protection, remote access, monitoring and alerting, preventing “data leakage” (DLP), etc.
- Work closely and collaboratively with HR (employee onboarding and offboarding, equipment and application provisioning), Finance and Legal (budgeting, vendor management, security, and compliance) and our CTO and various Tech teams to build out an IT program that effectively balances user experience and productivity, security, cost, scale, and overall becomes a strategic value-add and growth enabler.
- Frequently conduct research on new products and services, and analyze our current messaging and communications, document repositories and knowledge management systems, and propose and then implement the changes necessary to run the business more efficiently and effectively.
- Evaluate, establish and foster IT vendor and service-provider relationships that provide backstops and expertise and enable scale with as lean an internal team as possible. When the time comes, assemble and coach a small team that will grow with the business.
- BA/BS degree with 8+ years in IT, 2-3 of which has been heading up your company’s IT or a significant subset of it (experience in a scale up/high-growth firm a plus)
- Legitimate experience with most of what’s mentioned above. Running a service desk process and system, vendor management, budgeting and negotiating, understanding, and optimizing how IT is used as a productivity enabler within your user population(s)
- Exposure to and some depth with modern IT and security solutions. Examples include Okta, OneLogin, Bettercloud, SSM solutions, service desk solutions such as ZenDesk, Zoho, Freshdesk, Jira ServiceDesk etc.
- Solid depth at the intersection of IT and security: endpoint hardening, malware protection, network and VPN protection, MFA, SSO, zero trust security
- Support of heterogeneous endpoints: PC, Mac, Linux
- Support of heterogeneous communications environments: O365, GSuite, Slack, Zoom, etc.
- Support of a highly mobile and still largely remote team. While most staff are in the metro-NYC area, we have an increasing number of rest-of-US and European employees.
- Demonstrated ability to research, learn and implement new technologies and solutions, and lean on partners and solution providers where needed for assistance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, analytical skills, and proven ability to work with and assist - with patience and understanding - end users with a wide spectrum of technical abilities and knowledge.
- Driven and process-oriented with a self-starter attitude, while also being comfortable with ambiguity and ever-changing demands
- Experience as a team lead or manager of people
- Experience working in a small, dynamic, quickly growing company. Comfort with and the ability to juggle and prioritize competing priorities
What We Have:
- Competitive Salary
- Equity Options
- Remote work flexibility (option to go into CE’s Midtown Manhattan office)
- 401k with employer match
- Flexible vacation and unlimited sick days
- Paid family leave
- An incredible product & powerful data that “wows” clients
- Great people: surround yourself with a team of people with a shared vision & focus, drive, a passion for CE’s customers, and camaraderie
- Career growth opportunities