Have you ever imagined being a part of something so great that the work you do, the ideas you share and the products you create will change an entire industry? If so, then welcome home! Connect Homes is looking for smart, creative, and dedicated people who want to help introduce the next generation of housing! Come join a team that is turning architecture in to a product - as exampled here: https://uncrate.com/connect-homes/
We combine cutting edge technology with Modern Design, so our customers can experience high-end living minus the high-end price. Come join a company you will be proud to work for, become a part of the Connect Homes team! www.connect-homes.com.
The candidate will be responsible to manage, and develop manufacturing processes, tools, aids, and factory production layout to meet production flow demand and line schedule, and customer commitments. This may include new production techniques, materials, design revisions, design and development of production equipment and utilization and components to support the production line and product delivery demand. You will also be working cross-functionally with other department including our offsite installations team to achieve company contractual commitments and goals. Other objectives will be developing processes and team for company growth and scale
What you will do
- Perform as the subject matter expert in multiple manufacturing processes and systems, enabling complex data gathering, troubleshooting, and problem solving.
- Present solutions with substantive data, options with recommendations including Return On Investment (ROI) and cost benefit analysis.
- Prepare visual concepts, drafts, and CAD prints where necessary to present a concept for review and approval.
- Develop a strategic manufacturing roadmap plan that promotes future company scalability, growth and increased production volume and quality.
- Safety and Quality should be the basis for manufacturing initiatives that are in development and under consideration for implementation.
- Automation should be considered where it meets improvements in all the following 3 areas: Safety, Quality and Efficiency.
- Proven track record of implementing a manufacturing process or equipment from concept to production with measured success.
- Manage risk through process and process improvement development.
- This position reports into the VP of manufacturing.
What you will bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Industrial or other related Engineering discipline with a minimum of 5 years’ experience, or 15 years working successfully as an ME or IE in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment from concept development to rate production.
- Experience setting up new or future productions line/facility.
- MRP/ERP and PLM software experience a plus.
- Strong Microsoft Business Software acumen, emphasis in Excel.
- CAD or 3D software knowledge, ability to create engineering drawings for fabrication, including detail design.
- Competent in manufacturing methodologies, principles, and practices.
- Excellent written verbal communication skills with ability to articulate concepts and ideas to all leadership levels.
- Ability to plan methodically with intent employing strategic critical thinking.
- Capable to work with suppliers to develop product improvements or develop new future products.
- Proven ability to multitask and problem solve and recommend solutions.
- Travel 10% - 15%, travel is primarily local.
Nice to Haves
- Experience in general housing construction
- Knowledge of housing construction materials and suppliers
- Continious improvement and process development
- Field Wire software experience
- Master’s degree
Does this sound like you? Apply now to join our team of innovative people revolutionizing the home construction industry! The most exciting chapter of your career may just be a click away!