Cohere Health is illuminating healthcare for patients, their doctors, and all those who are important in a patient’s healthcare experience, both in and out of the doctors office. Founded in August, 2019, we are obsessed with eliminating wasteful friction patients and doctors experience in areas that have nothing to do with health and treatment, particularly for diagnoses that require expensive procedures or medications. To that end, we build software that is expressly designed to ensure the appropriate plan of care is understood and expeditiously approved, so that patients and doctors can focus on health, rather than payment or administrative hassles
We are looking for a dynamic physician leader to drive Cohere’s musculoskeletal and orthopedic strategy and programs. Reporting to the Medical Director of Orthopedics, this is a critical role in a Series A company and an uncommon opportunity to build solutions from scratch that will rapidly scale to impact millions of patients. The impact, experience, and professional growth over the next few years will be unmatched in healthcare.
You should apply if you are an innovative physician who seeks to drive change across the healthcare system. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams that are rapidly building, launching, and iterating solutions. You will work on many levels, from developing clinical strategy to reviewing service requests to providing expert input on product and service design. This is a fast-paced environment that favors people who are able to learn quickly, be hands-on, handle ambiguity, and communicate effectively with people of different backgrounds and perspectives.
What you will do:
- Own Cohere’s strategy and programs for influencing physicians and practices involved in musculoskeletal care to improve patient care across the care continuum, with the focus on elective specialty care
- Collaborate with a team of nurses and service operations personnel in review of authorization requests for orthopedic and musculoskeletal treatments
- Provide timely expert medical review for requests to evaluate the medical necessity of services that do not meet utilization review criteria
- Support the clinical guidelines team in developing and reviewing the company’s clinical decision guidelines
- Work with with service operations on the design of our process and solutions
- Maintain awareness of any changes in the literature, standard of care, or regulatory guidance impacting the criteria by which the company reviews service requests
- Provide timely peer-to-peer discussions with referring physicians to clarify clinical information and to explain review outcome decisions
- Collaborate with a network of physicians to provide an enhanced, specialty specific advisory and review experience
- Create an inclusive, energetic team environment that unleashes our people
- Full time employment with a remote location possible. Salaried position with benefits.
Your background & Requirements:
- Passionate about improving the U.S. healthcare system and helping ensure every patient receives the best care possible
- Experience in clinical case reviews and peer to peer evaluations desired
- Completed US-based residency program in Orthopedic Surgery
- Board certified by The American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Membership in national and/or regional medical societies
- M.D. or D.O. with a current, active state medical license
- Licensure in KY, FL,TX, NC, MO a positive
- 5+ years of experience as a practicing orthopedic physician beyond residency or fellowship
- Experience collaborating with other physicians and experience in risk-taking practices desired
We can’t wait to learn more about you and meet you at Cohere Health!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Cohere Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. To us, it’s personal.