Who we are
At Coefficient, we’re bringing spreadsheets into the 21st century. Yes, it’s an ambitious goal, to reinvent one of the backbones of the world economy. But the time for spreadsheet modernization is now.
We’re a San Francisco-based startup with an international and remote-friendly workforce. Our team is filled with passionate, creative people who are dedicated to disrupting a space that needs disrupting.
Our Co-Founders, Navneet and Tommy, bet big on the opportunities nobody else can see. Their last startup, Shopular, was backed by Y Combinator and Sequoia, and acquired by Rakuten Ebates.
Coefficient is building a remote-first company with a focus on hiring the best talent regardless of location.
What we do
Today, over 2 billion users worldwide leverage spreadsheets in day-to-day tasks. However, spreadsheet technology has not changed much in the past 30 years.
That’s where Coefficient comes in.
Our solution connects, automates, and shares live data in Google Sheets, so your reports, dashboards, and insights always stay up-to-date. Connect Google Sheets to any source system in a single click.
Coefficient completes the missing link in the modern data stack. With Coefficient, business users can access and analyze the data they need, when they need it, in the spreadsheet platform they prefer.
Now any team member can harness a new category of spreadsheets to unlock more opportunities with their data.
We’re looking for an SEO specialist to play a key role in enhancing and optimizing our content strategy across a wide range of marketing channels, including website, blogs, and video.
Qualified candidates will have a track record of creating clear strategies and roadmaps to improve rankings, optimizing the customer experience, and growing traffic. This role requires technical experience, strong problem solving skills, prioritization, and the ability to turn insights into optimizations.
This role will partner with our growth and content teams and will play a key role in powering a large piece of our growth flywheel, the content engine.
- Manage all SEO activities to increase rankings on major search networks, including management of SEO budget and external backlink freelancers
- Execute tests, collect and analyze data and results, identify trends and insights in order to achieve maximum value from organic search traffic
- Optimize copy and landing pages for search engine optimization
- Perform ongoing keyword research, expansion and optimization
- Help curate an optimized blog calendar for the website on a consistent basis
- Work with the content and development teams to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented on newly developed code including H1 tags and meta descriptions
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords
- Track, report, and analyze website analytics
- 3+ years of experience in successfully developing and executing SEO campaigns
- Native English speaking
- Knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms
- Superior organizational skills, with the ability to manage a high volume of multi-channel deliverables.
- In-depth experience with website analytics, keyword research, CMSs, and data mining tools (e.g, Google Universal Analytics, GA4, WordPress, Ahrefs, etc.)
- Working knowledge of HTML development and constraints
- Solid understanding of performance marketing, conversion, and online B2B user acquisition
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best standard methodologies in both SEO and SEM
- A self-starter with a start-up mindset and excellent written and verbal communication skills
We are building a remote-only team and looking for candidates anywhere who can work at least a half of their day in US time zone hours. Having worked remotely in the past is a plus.
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Unlimited PTO
• Parental Leave
• 401K Plan
• Remote Work
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.