- You have 7+ years of experience designing and building complex backend systems
- You have extensive Python experience
- You relish the challenge of designing high-throughput data pipelines to support interactive, real-time use cases
- You have production experience with data stores such as PostgreSQL, Redis and Cassandra
- You have experience deploying apps and services to a production cloud environment
- You are thoughtful about software development best practices and care deeply about code quality, clean abstractions and interfaces, and processes (automated and otherwise) that enable an engineering team to ship quickly without breaking things
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Since we are a remote team, good documentation and written record are critical.
- You are self-motivated, can deliver complex features with little direction, and thrive in an environment where a lot of responsibility rests with you
- You are passionate about joining as a founding engineer and building a company
- Bonus: You have worked at a startup and have managed engineering teams that ship product at startup pace
This is a unique opportunity to join the early engineering team of a funded startup, and to shape the future of both our product and company. We are creating a new breed of data software that will make business teams orders of magnitude more productive when working with data.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.