Why do we exist?
Codility unlocks the world’s engineering potential.
Who are we?
Codility is the highest-rated SaaS platform that evaluates the skills of software professionals. Our mission is to enable companies to build and grow high-performing engineering teams. Codility has helped global enterprises like Microsoft, PayPal, Slack, and mid-market, and hyper-growth companies scale two times faster, mitigate bias in the hiring process, and save thousands of engineering hours that can go into shipping excellent code and building great products. We also service the needs of our customers in engineering management, including supporting their engineers’ learning and development, and optimally deploying people to teams and projects.
Codility is a remote-first and people-first company with main hubs in San Francisco, London, Warsaw, and Berlin. We have a team of over 200 people strong coming from 30 different countries contributing to a product and culture that we’re super proud of. Codility is rated as the top-performing talent management software on G2, has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5 on Glassdoor, and has won the Best CEO award in 2021 on Comparably. We’re focused on continuing to develop a high-performance culture through continuous improvement and constantly placing our customer’s success at the heart of how we operate.
Why Codility needs you.
We’re expanding our product suite to be an end-to-end engineering talent platform and have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates like you to help us get there. By joining Codility, you will have the unique opportunity to impact the HR tech stacks of high growth to enterprise companies and drive a new shift in how world-class engineering teams are built. Today, Codility powers 1,200+ businesses in 70+ countries, and has evaluated over 16 million engineers and counting.
In order to do this, we are hiring a Senior Accountant to join our team!
What you will do.
- Perform full month end closing activities for the Polish and UK subsidiaries, including but limited to preparation of the P&L and Balance Sheet; Payroll, Prepayment and Accrual journals
- Management of the Polish and UK Fixed Asset Register, including booking of monthly depreciation
- Full ownership of the Polish and UK Balance Sheets, including Monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Key point of contact for the Polish External Accountants, providing support on Monthly JPK
- Ensure local Accounting policies are adhered to as applicable
- Provide support for Annual Statements preparation and external Audits.
- Provide support on month end tasks for the US and German subsidiaries
- Maintain accurate accounting records
- Respond to internal and external financial queries
- Assist with ad hoc requests as and when needed
We would love it if you have.
- Knowledge and experience of working with Polish Accounting Principles
- Knowledge of Polish Tax and VAT
- Knowledge of general accounting principles
- Excellent attention to detail coupled with strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Good communication skills
- Proactive and self motivated
- Fluency in English
Nice to have
- Previous experience with NetSuite
- Previous experience with UK / USA / German Bookkeeping
- Knowledge of German
How we behave.
We're human. Our diversity and unique experience make us strong. We allow ourselves to be vulnerable and treat one another with grace. We take ownership. We expect one another to take initiative and trust each person to make decisions based on the best available data. We have passion, perseverance and urgency to hit our goals and work together to create the best outcomes. We think big. We innovate and challenge the status quo to maximize the value we deliver to our users. We constantly experiment with new ways to drive excellence. We're real. We are honest with ourselves and one another. We listen, speak up, and are ready to change our minds.
What we offer.
- A progressive remote first culture with a strong compensation plan.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan that gives everyone interest in the company.
- Amazing benefits to include:
- 27 days of PTO
- 4 mental health days
- 401K match of 4% that vests immediately (US)
- Incredible health, dental, and vision
- Monthly Health & Wellness budget
- Yearly Personal Development budget
At Codility, we know that great work isn’t done without a phenomenal team. We are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We insist on an inclusive culture where everyone feels safe to contribute and help us innovate. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, or veteran status. These differences are what enable us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our product, our customers, and our world.