Why do we exist?
Codility unlocks the world’s engineering potential.
Who are we?
Codility is the highest-rated SaaS platform that evaluates the skills of software professionals. Our mission is to enable companies to build and grow high-performing engineering teams. Codility has helped global enterprises like Microsoft, PayPal, Slack, and mid-market, and hyper-growth companies scale two times faster, mitigate bias in the hiring process, and save thousands of engineering hours that can go into shipping excellent code and building great products. We also service the needs of our customers in engineering management, including supporting their engineers’ learning and development, and optimally deploying people to teams and projects.
Codility is a remote-first and people-first company with main hubs in San Francisco, London, Warsaw, and Berlin. We have a team of over 200 people strong coming from 30 different countries contributing to a product and culture that we’re super proud of. Codility is rated as the top-performing talent management software on G2, has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5 on Glassdoor, and has won the Best CEO award in 2021 on Comparably. We’re focused on continuing to develop a high-performance culture through continuous improvement and constantly placing our customer’s success at the heart of how we operate.
Why Codility needs you.
We’re expanding our product suite to be an end-to-end engineering talent platform and have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates like you to help us get there. By joining Codility, you will have the unique opportunity to impact the HR tech stacks of high growth to enterprise companies and drive a new shift in how world-class engineering teams are built. Today, Codility powers 1,200+ businesses in 70+ countries, and has evaluated over 16 million engineers and counting.
In order to do this, we are seeking a Senior Software Engineer on our Funnel Team. The Funnel team is responsible for managing the in application recruitment funnel allowing customers to easily sync their ATS funnel with the Codility application which allows insights into the data of the funnel.
As a key member of our team you’ll be influential in designing new features to our application & exposing new analytical data for our customers.
We need to ensure that during the growth, not only do we not weaken our application security but keep adding new security mechanisms, and best practices to our product. Codility is a fast growing company that has a tremendous impact on how we do (remote) hiring in IT. The growth brings challenges, but also opportunities for your development, testing your skills, and having an impact on our core business.
What you will doing with us:
- Participate in application security reviews and threat modeling,
- Contribute to our application strategy and design security measurements to our product and the software development life cycle,
- Work closely with application teams, the development experience team, and the infra team on establishing and maintaining security tooling for the teams,
- Work together with engineering teams and support them according to their needs, help them design and build in secure manner, share best practices, and train new team members,
- Development of automated security testing.
- Drive decisions on adding new security tools or libraries, assist in the security training.
You will be a great fit for this role if you have:
- At least 3 years hands-on experience as a Security Application Engineer or similar,
- Programming or scripting experience: Python, Typescript, Golang, or other,
- Experience with common security libraries, security controls, and common security flaws,
- Experience with OWASP, static/dynamic analysis, and common security tools including tools for dockerized environments,.
- Experience working with developers.
- Excellent and professional communication skills,
- Experience identifying security issues through code review,
- Familiar with one of the main cloud platforms: AWS, or GCP, hands-on experience with applications hosted on Kubernetes is a plus,
- Big plus if you worked with B2C or B2B SaaS products.
Codility Tech Stack:
- Frontend: ES2018, Typescript, React, Redux, styled-components, Jest, React Testing Library
- Backend: Python 3.8, Django, Golang
- Database: PostgreSQL, Redshift, DynamoDB, AWS RDS
- Continuous Deployment/Tools: Gitlab/GitlabCI, PyCharm/VSCode, Sonarqube
- Infrastructure: Kubernetes (EKS), Istio, Prometheus monitoring stack, Chef, AWS, AWS Cognito.
How we behave.
We're human. Our diversity and unique experience make us strong. We allow ourselves to be vulnerable and treat one another with grace. We take ownership. We expect one another to take initiative and trust each person to make decisions based on the best available data. We have passion, perseverance and urgency to hit our goals and work together to create the best outcomes. We think big. We innovate and challenge the status quo to maximize the value we deliver to our users. We constantly experiment with new ways to drive excellence. We're real. We are honest with ourselves and one another. We listen, speak up, and are ready to change our minds.
What we offer.
- A progressive remote first culture with a strong compensation plan.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan that gives everyone interest in the company.
- Amazing benefits to include:
- 27 days of PTO
- 4 mental health days
- 401K match of 4% that vests immediately (US)
- Incredible health, dental, and vision
- Monthly Health & Wellness budget
- Yearly Personal Development budget
At Codility, we know that great work isn’t done without a phenomenal team. We are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We insist on an inclusive culture where everyone feels safe to contribute and help us innovate. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, or veteran status. These differences are what enable us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our product, our customers, and our world.