Who are we?
Codility is the #1 rated technical hiring platform. Our mission is to enable engineering teams to make accurate and fair hiring decisions efficiently. Codility is partnering with innovative companies like Microsoft, Amazon and PayPal to help them build and grow diverse, high-performing engineering teams through our CodeCheck platform to screen candidate skills; CodeLive to host technical interviews; and CodeChallenges for recruitment marketing. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us get there.
By joining Codility, you will have the unique opportunity to impact the HR tech stacks of high growth to enterprise companies and drive a new shift in how world class engineering teams are built. Today, Codility powers 1,500+ businesses in 63 countries; facilitates 50,000+ candidate evaluations monthly; and has evaluated over 12 million engineers and counting.
Why Codility needs you.
We are growing at warp speed. Every innovative company in the world is looking to attract and hire the best developer talent, and do it in a way that is fast, easy and efficient. As the leader in technical hiring, we help recruiters and engineering teams save time and win in the war for talent by focusing their attention on the best technical candidates.
In order to do this, we are seeking a Senior Software Engineer on our Funnel Team. The Funnel team is responsible for managing the in application recruitment funnel allowing customers to easily sync their ATS funnel with the Codility application which allows insights into the data of the funnel.
As a key member of our team you’ll be influential in designing new features to our application & exposing new analytical data for our customers.
We need to ensure that during the growth, not only do we not weaken our application security but keep adding new security mechanisms, and best practices to our product. Codility is a fast growing company that has a tremendous impact on how we do (remote) hiring in IT. The growth brings challenges, but also opportunities for your development, testing your skills, and having an impact on our core business.
What you will doing with us:
- Participate in application security reviews and threat modeling,
- Contribute to our application strategy and design security measurements to our product and the software development life cycle,
- Work closely with application teams, the development experience team, and the infra team on establishing and maintaining security tooling for the teams,
- Work together with engineering teams and support them according to their needs, help them design and build in secure manner, share best practices, and train new team members,
- Development of automated security testing.
- Drive decisions on adding new security tools or libraries, assist in the security training.
You will be a great fit for this role if you have:
- At least 3 years hands-on experience as a Security Application Engineer or similar,
- Programming or scripting experience: Python, Typescript, Golang, or other,
- Experience with common security libraries, security controls, and common security flaws,
- Experience with OWASP, static/dynamic analysis, and common security tools including tools for dockerized environments,.
- Experience working with developers.
- Excellent and professional communication skills,
- Experience identifying security issues through code review,
- Familiar with one of the main cloud platforms: AWS, or GCP, hands-on experience with applications hosted on Kubernetes is a plus,
- Big plus if you worked with B2C or B2B SaaS products.
Codility Tech Stack:
- Frontend: ES2018, Typescript, React, Redux, styled-components, Jest, React Testing Library
- Backend: Python 3.8, Django, Golang
- Database: PostgreSQL, Redshift, DynamoDB, AWS RDS
- Continuous Deployment/Tools: Gitlab/GitlabCI, PyCharm/VSCode, Sonarqube
- Infrastructure: Kubernetes (EKS), Istio, Prometheus monitoring stack, Chef, AWS, AWS Cognito.
Benefits @ Codility
Codility believe in a people first culture, reflected in our core benefits package:
- Remote first culture with hubs in San Francisco, London, Warsaw, and Berlin
- You choose where you want to work be it 100% from home or in an office
- 27 days of PTO globally with generous Holiday allowance and four additional mental health days designated for mental wellbeing
- Employee incentive stock options
- Company retirement match
- Robust physical and mental health benefits
- Investment in your ongoing development through our learning fund
- Culture of trust, empowerment, and inclusion
At Codility, we know that great work isn’t done without a phenomenal team. We are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We insist on an inclusive culture where everyone feels safe to contribute and help us innovate. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, or veteran status. These differences are what enable us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our product, our customers, and our world.