Who are we?
Codility is the #1 rated technical hiring platform. Our mission is to enable engineering teams to make accurate and fair hiring decisions efficiently. Codility is partnering with innovative companies like Microsoft, Amazon and PayPal to help them build and grow diverse, high-performing engineering teams through our CodeCheck platform to screen candidate skills; CodeLive to host technical interviews; and CodeChallenges for recruitment marketing. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us get there.
By joining Codility, you will have the unique opportunity to impact the HR tech stacks of high growth to enterprise companies and drive a new shift in how world class engineering teams are built. Today, Codility powers 1,500+ businesses in 63 countries; facilitates 50,000+ candidate evaluations monthly; and has evaluated over 12 million engineers and counting.
Why Codility needs you.
We are growing at warp speed. Every innovative company in the world is looking to attract and hire the best developer talent and do it in a fast, easy, and efficient way. As the leader in technical hiring, we help recruiters and engineering teams save time and win in the war for talent by focusing their attention on the best technical candidates.
The VP of engineering - Delivery and Ops will have full ownership of the space strategy, implementation and performance - in charge of leveraging cloud infrastructure, DevOps, SREs and our internal Developer Experience teams to continuously improve delivery performance and efficiency across the business. You will be building a state-of-the-art development and delivery platform as-a-product and managing repeatable, recoverable and cloud infrastructure and tooling to be used by the development teams as-a-service (“You build it, you run it, you own it”).
Being a technology-driven organization, our development teams work cross-functionally to build products from conception to launch by bringing together engineering and business worlds. The world is moving fast and our culture empowers ownership and minimal bureaucracy. It’s an environment that enables you to do what you think is right – and quickly - move fast, fail, learn, and pivot. As a member of the senior engineering leadership team, you will report directly to the CTO, work closely with the product leadership, have high visibility among the C-suite and a direct impact on Codility’s growth and expansion.
What you will do.
- You will be the champion for infrastructure, delivery, operations and developer experience (DX) and help build the technological foundations to support Codilitys hyper-growth plans
- You will define and deliver the ‘delivery and ops’ vision, strategy and roadmap to enable our development teams to independently provision the tech, infra and tools they need to run their applications
- You will collaborate with product engineering and architecture teams to pursue highly available, scalable and reliable systems, ensuring optimal and consistent performance and platform uptime
- You will be tasked with managing relationships with third-party vendors in order to provide the best possible uptime of our platform and also manage and optimize cloud infrastructure and services budget
- You will work closely with Data Platform and Engineering teams to optimize cloud infrastructure performance and scalability
- You can roll up your sleeves, if necessary, and be directly involved in solving challenging technical problems
- Be both a deep technical leader and a thoughtful people manager
- Enable us to scale our Delivery and Ops department of 15 Managers and Engineers to at least double that by this time next year
Who you are.
- You are passionate about and have a deep understanding of cloud infrastructure, DevOps, including existing and emerging DevOps trends, technologies and best practices
- You are comfortable managing ambiguity, leading change, aligning stakeholders, and helping the team do the same delivering world-class results
- You are an analytical, data driven individual with excellent communication skills and know how to achieve success and buy in through influence.
- You’re a leader who balances pragmatism with visionary leadership
- Technical hands-on mentality, high business acumen, natural enthusiasm and curiosity, “make things happen” attitude
- You have an excellent understanding of distributed systems architecture, cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure) and container technologies (Docker and Kubernetes)
- You are proficient in logging, monitoring and alerting approaches for highly available systems.
- You have experience with automation tools (Terraform, Ansible, Packer, or similar)
- You have experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Gitlab CI.
- You have a good understanding of network and systems security
- You have experience as a leader of leaders
What we offer.
- A progressive remote-first culture with an aggressive compensation plan.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan that gives everyone interest in the company.
- Amazing benefits to include:
- 27 days of PTO
- 4 mental health days
- 12 US Holidays
- Incredible health, dental, and vision
- Yearly health & Wellness budget
- Yearly Personal Development budget
- An inclusive culture with multiple Employee Resource Groups
At Codility, we know that great work isn’t done without a phenomenal team. We are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We insist on an inclusive culture where everyone feels safe to contribute and help us innovate. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, or veteran status. These differences are what enable us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our product, our customers, and our world.