The Codility Mission
The world needs more problem-solving capacity, so at Codility we're redefining how some of the most influential software engineering teams in the world are built. Using our platform, candidates are evaluated on an even playing field based on the technical skills that matter so companies can make better hiring decisions without wasting engineering time.
Over 10 years we've helped thousands of engineering leaders across the world build high-performing, diverse teams, and evaluated the problem-solving skills of over 12 million job candidates. 2020 drove our customers online putting our platform at the forefront of remote-first hiring, helping companies like Microsoft, Tesla and Slack evolve their remote-hiring approach. We are driving a shift in how world class engineering teams are formed and have a bold vision for the future of tech hiring.
Codility is seeking a Director of Engineering to lead our application development teams. The director of engineering will report directly to the CTO, be part of Codility’s senior engineering leadership team and work closely with our product team and with various key stakeholders across the organization. The ideal candidate will have experience working on a large range of problems. The position involves taking these skills and experience and applying them to some of the most exciting and massive remote-first tech-hiring opportunities that exist on the market today. We are hiring in multiple locations: London, Berlin and Warsaw.
Scope of responsibilities
- Define and deliver our technology roadmap, foster innovation and allow our multi-disciplinary teams to deliver on our mission
- Help to architect and design scalable products, systems, APIs and business processes to support Codility’s rapid growth
- Co-own the product roadmap together with the director of Product Management and find a good balance between short and long term goals
- Lead and grow multiple Engineering Managers, Tech leads and engineering teams committed to building innovative products
- Champion engineering excellence, establishing success metrics, and drive continuous operational improvement
- Work effectively cross-functionally to drive change and influence technology, architecture and process decisions
- Be both a deep technical leader and a thoughtful people manager
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years hands-on experience in core programming languages such as Python, Java, C++
- 3+ years proven experience architecting and designing scalable, distributed systems over cloud infrastructure
- 2+ years of experience growing and managing multi-team organizations as a leader of leaders
- Proven track record of forming effective partnerships with product managers, product designers, researchers and data scientists
- Comfortable supporting teams working remotely
- Experience with scaling systems and products from early stage to enterprise grade
- Past experience with deployments on cloud infrastructure (AWS, Kubernetes)
- Outstanding communication skills, as you'll be working with multiple stakeholders, championing your strategy and considering a wide variety of views
- Exceptional creative problem solving and analytical thinking
Benefits and Perks
At Codility, we believe in a remote "people first" culture:
- With hubs in San Francisco, London, Warsaw, and Berlin; you choose where you want to work be it 100% from home or in an office
- 27 days of PTO globally with generous holiday allowance and four additional mental health days designated for mental wellbeing
- Highly Desirable Remuneration
- Employee incentive stock options
- Investment in your ongoing development
- Culture of Trust & Empowerment
- Working in an agile, cross-functional team, iterating quickly during the product development cycle
We know that great work isn't done without a phenomenal team. We are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We insist on an inclusive culture where everyone feels safe to contribute and help us innovate. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, or veteran status. These differences are what enable us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our product, our customers, and our world.